Mobileread
Kobo support?
#1  Stinger 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
So I sent off a couple emails to the Kobo support team via email on the 11th.
I got a response back 5mins later saying they have escalated the issue to level 2... I have yet to hear anything else since.

I know I've read a few posts where folks got suggestions back on how to fix a problem, but every single one has been either:
Has anyone got any useful responses from the Kobo team?
I haven't seen any statement from Kobo regarding anything about the first firmware update, in regards to what bugs it will address and when we can expect it... has anyone?

#2  Gadgetguy 05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote Stinger
So I sent off a couple emails to the Kobo support team via email on the 11th.
I got a response back 5mins later saying they have escalated the issue to level 2... I have yet to hear anything else since.

I know I've read a few posts where folks got suggestions back on how to fix a problem, but every single one has been either:
Has anyone got any useful responses from the Kobo team?
I haven't seen any statement from Kobo regarding anything about the first firmware update, in regards to what bugs it will address and when we can expect it... has anyone?
I called them by phone a couple of days ago.

I was told that new firmware is expected "in a couple of weeks" and that one of the things they are working on is some kind of grouping of large e-book collections.
But they were not willing to be more specific as it relates to the actual date...

If I get lucky the new firmware may be out by the time I get my Kobo...

#3  jimr 05-17-2010, 12:58 PM
I got a couple responses which I posted in the 'Battery Life!' thread. Although well-meaning I'm sure...they still left me with more questions than answers.

#4  corona 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I also note that the Kobo support folks don't seem to be appearing in the forum here the way they were doing for a bit there. I'm not checking everywhere, or keeping any kind of count, but it seems like a couple of them were popping up every now and then for the first week or so.

#5  szelynn 05-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I was informed by a technical support rep that a firmware update is due out this week...

#6  JCSullivan 05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Email support sucked - past-tense because I returned the Kobo

New firmware great - if it properly reflows pdf I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

#7  szelynn 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM
i think i'm actually going to return mine, this is my 2nd one too
the battery issues i always have, and having to convert my epub files are just annoying me

#8  Bittybye 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Support was horrible. I e-mailed them the day I ordered mine ( first Friday after they were released) asking about the font size in the ePub. They got back to me yesterday. With a complete none answer.

Something along the lines of they are aware of the problems and they're working on it.

#9  PeterT 05-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I sense that what happened is that Kobo support was not geared up for the release, and frankly, that the testing that had been done was not all that thorough on the Kobo iteself.

One has to think though that the goal for them right now it to get these issues resolved before the US launch.

#10  nikkie 05-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Kobo development is using Agile methodology - "release early, release often". This means the team works in sprints of a few weeks where they provide features and bug fixes that are scaled to that release.

You should figure that there will be a lot of changes very quickly to the Kobo platform and ereader software over the next year.

This also means that if you find a bug, they probably have someone working on it fairly soon if it is serious. Likely, the support responses are somewhat lagged waited for responses from the development team working on these issues.

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register