Mobileread
Sigil-1.4.2 Released with Another Critical Fix
#1  KevinH 11-21-2020, 12:53 PM
Sigil-1.4.2

Sigil-1.4.2 represents another critical bug fix release meant to immediately replace Sigil 1.4.0 and Sigil-1.4.1. It has all the features of the original Sigil 1.4.0 including new icon themes and multiple language spell checking.

Bug Fixes Since Sigil-1.4.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

Mac users should still download and install ActiveState's ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format

The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.

PGP Fingerprint

The binary downloads (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil Github Release page.

#2  KevinH 11-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Reserved in Case of Future Announcements:

This will hopefully be the last release of the Sigil-1.4.X series. Two earlier bug fixes had impacts outside the "fix" itself that we did not detect until after 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 were released.

We have pulled the release assets for Sigil-1.40 and Sigil-1.4.1 from github.

If you are using either Sigil-1.4.0 or Sigil-1.4.1, we strongly urge you to upgrade to Sigil-1.4.2.

#3  DNSB 11-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Getting back to the Windows waiting spinny cursor, with Sigil 1.42 I've managed to reproduce it multiple times using the Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm tool.

Basically, it's an epub 3 ebook where most of the xhtml files start with:

Code
<html><head>
though rather oddly about 13 of the 37 xhtml files do have the xml and doctype lines.

After I click OK on the "Are you sure you want to restructure this epub?" popup, I get a Restructure cancelled: part00xx.xhtml, XML not well formed. After I click OK on that popup, the spinny cursor remains until I close Sigil. Oddly, when I close the epub without saving changes, the part00xx.xhtml is not the same each time I was running this test.

Running Mend and Prettify adds the xml and doctype lines which fixes the issue. I do not have Mend Not Well Formed HTML enabled for Open or Save.

Again an annoyance not a show stopper.

#4  KevinH 11-21-2020, 05:20 PM
On Restructure we do set the Qt Wait cursor. The reason you are seeing different files being listed is that a well-formed check is run on all files at once (using multiple threads) and the first error (which depends on which threads run before others) determines the error message.

I will take a look at the code to make sure that aborting the restructure properly restores the Qt cursor.

#5  KevinH 11-21-2020, 05:41 PM
@DNSB,
Yes, there are code paths that do not restore the override cursor in that routine. I will fix these for the next release.

#6  DNSB 11-21-2020, 06:07 PM
Thanks. As I said, an annoyance so no worries about how long before the next release.

#7  Ashjuk 11-22-2020, 04:38 AM
Updated to version 1.4.2 as suggested but I am still getting this warning on every book I open.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1606037826

I don't recall seeing this prior to 1.4.0
sigil.jpg 

#8  nzdeni 11-22-2020, 04:44 AM
Am loving the latest release. Only issue so far is that initially renaming pages using <ctrl><alt><r> did not work. This can be resolved by fixing the conflict in the shortcuts area via the preferences menu. The catch? Users will need to realise there is a conflict.

I'm assuming this will get fixed in a future release. When users right click to rename a file, the listed shortcut is <ctrl><alt><r> so it is quite important that this works correctly

#9  DiapDealer 11-22-2020, 05:01 AM
Quote Ashjuk
Updated to version 1.4.2 as suggested but I am still getting this warning on every book I open.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1606037826

I don't recall seeing this prior to 1.4.0
Because every book you open is probably missing doctypes in the html. This has been discussed. It's not a bug.

#10  Ashjuk 11-22-2020, 08:13 AM
Quote DiapDealer
Because every book you open is probably missing doctypes in the html. This has been discussed. It's not a bug.
Thanks, I will ignore the warning and let Sigil fix it.

Next »  Last »  (1/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register