Mobileread
Mystery and Crime Adams, Cleve F: The Private Eye (1942); v1; 10 June 2020
#1  Pulpmeister 06-10-2020, 01:28 AM
Cleve F Adams (1884 - 1949) "The missing link between Dashiell Hammett and James Ellroy, Cleve F. Adams wrote rambunctious, violent, corrosively cynical private eye fiction from the mid-1930s until his untimely death from pneumonia in 1949 at the age of 54. He also wrote as Franklin Charles and John Spain."
(Quote from Fantastic Fiction)

Las Cruces, New Mexico. Private eye John J Shannon's operative Gus Vogel reports from an assignment that an old enemy, Kronjager, has spotted him. From here, things go south suddenly, including Shannon, who flies down from LA and into big trouble.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
cover.jpg 
[epub] The Private Eye - Cleve F Adams.epub (326.6 KB, 204 views)

#2  hobnail 06-10-2020, 01:52 PM
Thanks, looks like it could be a good read.

I hope you can also do his Sabotage; with the byline of "Vicious killers and wanton women" it's sure to be a page-turner.

#3  Gunner54 06-11-2020, 07:15 AM
Will you be uploading any more Cleve Adams? I'm preparing 'Too Fair To Die' at the moment and have sources for more of his work, but I don't want to duplicate what you are doing!

#4  Pulpmeister 06-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Just two short stories which I put up in an anthology the other day, called Past Masters Four.

#5  Gunner54 06-11-2020, 08:53 AM
OK I will crack on with what I'm doing.

#6  vnehring 09-10-2020, 09:25 PM
If anyone wnts to take a crack at

The Black Door - pb
Contraband - pb
Decoy - hb

I'll send them to you.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register