Mobileread
Amazon Hardware Event on 24 Sep
#1  tubemonkey 09-21-2020, 09:24 AM
Amazon’s fall Alexa hardware event is set for September 24th

Amazon’s fall Alexa hardware event is scheduled for September 24th at 1PM ET. It’s not clear exactly what might be revealed at the event — an invite sent to The Verge only said that Amazon’s Devices and Services team would be sharing “some news.” An Amazon spokesperson specified that the event is invite-only, however, which suggests it won’t be live streamed for the public.

It seems likely we’ll see new smart speakers and smart displays of some kind. At last year’s event, for example, Amazon launched the high-end Echo Studio speaker, the Echo Show 8 smart display, and a third-generation Echo speaker. But Amazon could also show off some more surprising hardware; the company revealed the Echo Frames glasses, which had Alexa built in, and the Echo Loop, a smart ring, at its hardware event last September.

We’ll be covering all the upcoming Alexa and Echo-related news at The Verge.

#2  tubemonkey 09-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite leaks ahead of tomorrow's hardware event

It’s either a replacement for the $30 2019 model or an even cheaper version.
Amazon is expected to reveal new devices at its big Alexa hardware event tomorrow. Thanks to a leak, we’re pretty sure a new Fire TV Stick Lite will be one of them. Zatz Not Funny! shared images of the Lite, along with accessories like a new Alexa voice remote.

The Lite looks pretty similar to its predecessors, but the Alexa voice remote appears to be missing a volume rocker. As Zatz Not Funny! notes, this could be a way to reduce hardware costs or support expenses. The remote also has a new live TV button. It’s unclear if the Lite is a replacement for the $30 2019 model or an even cheaper one with a lower, 1080p resolution. Either way, the Fire TV Stick Lite should be very affordable.

As we reported earlier this month, Amazon is expected to reveal new Eero WiFi 6 routers soon. Those will likely come in three models: The Eero Pro 6, Eero 6 Gateway and Eero 6 Extender. There’s a good chance we’ll see those devices at tomorrow’s event, too.

#3  tubemonkey 09-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Amazon Devices & Services live blog—September 2020

Follow along for all the news, as it happens, from Amazon Devices & Services.

We'll be live blogging all the announcements from our Amazon Devices & Services team on September 24, 2020 at 10 a.m. PT. Stay tuned here for our live coverage of all the news.

In the meantime, read some of the latest news from Amazon Devices & Services below:

#4  tubemonkey 09-24-2020, 01:19 PM
New Echo Dots & Echo

they're spheres
ed.jpg edk.jpg e.jpg 

#5  tubemonkey 09-24-2020, 01:37 PM
New Echo Show 10
es10.jpg es10$.jpg 

#6  tubemonkey 09-24-2020, 02:03 PM
moved to Echo Club thread

#7  tubemonkey 09-24-2020, 02:07 PM

#8  tubemonkey 09-24-2020, 02:14 PM

#9  hobnail 09-24-2020, 03:11 PM
Quote tubemonkey
New Echo Show 10
I haven't been paying attention to Amazon's devices but now that I've looked at them briefly I can see the fun of having an Echo Show. I saw that it does Zigbee, an interesting wireless technology for home automation that hasn't seemed to take off; maybe this will help.

#10  CWatkinsNash 09-25-2020, 12:19 AM
I just signed up for an invite to the Luna early access.

The new Dots are cute! I've still got the original Echo and it still works perfectly so I can't justify buying another, but I still like to look.

Netflix on the Show is interesting, and I like the look of the Show 10.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register