Mobileread
Modifying Calibre web interface
#1  Roodavis 05-26-2019, 09:36 AM
I've been using Calibre since an early version of Calibre v2 on a dedicated iMac. I share my library on the web with a few family members on v2 I did not have user accounts. When I recently updated to v3.42 I created user accounts, read only. They just connect and download the book they want to read to their eReader. One of the things they have asked recently is when they login and browse the library, the books are sorted by the date they are added to the library. Can I adjust that first view they see to be sorted by author or book title, or some other available field? Same type of question in regards to books in a series. If they search for a series is there a setting to show the series in the series_index order instead of date added?

#2  theducks 05-26-2019, 09:59 AM
When I bring up the content server in my browser, it remembers the last sort setting (upper Right corner: lines with down arrow)
If you have more than 1 Library, you might want to bookmark the full URL (contains the sort as well)
Code
eg http://10.0.0.125:8080/#library_id=MainLib&panel=book_list

#3  Roodavis 05-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Okay, that makes some sense. So instead of something I can control from with the app itself, it is something I have to show them how to do on their device. Time to make a few how-to documents for them. This is workable, might be less work if it was something I could change within the app preferences, then only have to change if they notice and request something different.

Thanks.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register