Mobileread
Can't see epub files from Dropbox on Moon+
#1  pocketsizevera 09-07-2020, 12:04 AM
Hi, I recently downloaded Moon+ Reader (basic) on my mobile and everything seems to be working fine. I tried to access my epub files on my dropbox and it seem to only load half of the files in the folder. Is there a limit on how many files can be sync on the basic version? Thanks!

#2  stumped 09-07-2020, 04:13 AM
works for me.
basic dropbox, current paid for Moon reader from Google, I can see all the ~1500 books in my library

check that they are really there in dropbox.

go to local dropbox folder get folder properties for calibre library. then get same properties for source library. and check dropbox is fully synced ( tray icon solid white)
do the numbers of files and subfolders, and the total size all match?

#3  pocketsizevera 09-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback Stumped, but I'm not sure what you mean.

The books are in the Dropbox folder because I can see them when I access Dropbox on my mobile.

I don't use Calibre so I won't be able to check there. Is there some setting I can check on Moon+?

#4  stumped 09-07-2020, 10:44 AM
so you can see the books but moon cannot ?

try the usual fixes: settings -> apps -> moon force stop, clear cache

back in moon,navigate to dropbox via My Files... you shoudl be able see all of your dropbox content - all folders, all files, not just books. What do you see ?

#5  stumped 09-07-2020, 10:56 AM
PS some android devivces & apps struggle with a very large number of files all being in the same folder.
how are your e-books in dropbox organised ( since you don't use calibre). are they all in one big flat folder ?

#6  pocketsizevera 09-07-2020, 01:55 PM
So it does look like there's too many files in the same folder. I had all my books in 2 folders, fiction and non-fiction. I started to split them into Alphabet folders and it works. There also seem to be a limited on how far down the sub folders can be

Thanks for troubleshooting with me, Stumped.

Also to note that I don't think I have over 1,000 books. So maybe it is a limitation on the free version?

#7  barryem 09-07-2020, 07:24 PM
I keep my books in Dropbox and I currently have a little more than 1100 books there and I've never had a problem accessing them with Moon+. I do it all the time. Moon+ is my main reader.

You were asked earlier if they're all synced and that might be something to look into. If you've just uploaded a lot of books to dropbox it takes a while to get all of them there. You'll see them all quickly but you can't access them right away.

Barry

#8  stumped 09-08-2020, 12:13 AM
The issue with large numbers of files in one android folder was explained in detail some time ago by Chaley in the cc subfolder. He's the expert, I was just passing on what he had researched. The thread should be findable, even with this board's sometimes frustrating search function.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register