Mobileread
Getting started on Moon Reader
#11  Tortuosit 07-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Quote Moe The Cat
Moon+ sometimes displays the closing double-quote or single-quote of a dialogue on the next line. I don't think it's a Moon+ issue, but rather a malformed epub issue. Perhaps there is a blank space between the punctuation mark and the closing quote.
No it is not this obvious. I guess it rather is a problem deeper buried in a html display library they use. Least I can say it happens too often, and he does not do anything about it.
I often read with Pocketreader or Librera Pro. They have other issues, but the reading part is alright for me.

Edit: See attachment. A random book and quickly I found an occurence. I've reported it twice already.
Screenshot_20200717_182020.jpg 

#12  2scre 10-11-2020, 04:04 AM
I often read with Pocketreader or Librera Pro. They have other issues, but the reading part is alright for me.
What are the other issues they have?

#13  2scre 10-11-2020, 04:08 AM
Quote barryem
I've been using Moon+ Pro for a number of years and this past year or two I've read on it almost exclusively. I have Kindles, Kobos and Nooks but I've been reading mainly on my phone.
Why have you been mainly reading on phone?
I've been thinking of getting a dedicated ereader but is phone better than ereader for reading eBooks?

#14  2scre 10-12-2020, 03:19 AM
(deleted)

#15  Tortuosit 10-16-2020, 05:06 AM
Quote 2scre
What are the other issues they have?
Awww, just try them. I uninstalled Pocketreader... E.g. it made invalid hyphenation (like A-utobahn). Also there were problems with settings not being able to revert.
As for Librera, I use it mostly meanwhile. The UI is a bit weird, e.g. those windows (for the ToC etc.) are not great, font changes do not auto apply on changing etc etc. (it rather reloads the whole book) But after all, most of the time I am reading and rendering is done well.

As for "Phone is better" - depends, probably. I have an OLED screen and with help of Tasker geekery, I am able to supress all distractions while reading. Perfect solution for me. No need for a limited ereader. I can just sync files via SMB to my windows computer, Total Commander rocks on Android as well as on PC, everything is fine.

As for rendering issues as I continuously reported for Moon+ - I think it's a problem... The devs seem to use some ready to use libraries and can't do much about it.

#16  Larla 10-18-2020, 08:56 AM
Quote 2scre
By the way, does Moon Reader have ability to categorize into many shelves like you can make collections in Kindle app?
There is basically only one shelf in Moon Reader but you can easily select what is to be currently displayed on that shelf by a pull-down menu that lets you select from several choices including Author and Series.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register