Mobileread
Moon reader image size question, stuff gets enlarged
#1  stumped 06-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Not sure what forum to ask this in ,as there isn't one dedicated to the moon reader app...

I have noticed that with some books rendered in moon, a small image , like a twiddly scene break image, or a start of chapter image gets enormously resized. So much so that in some cases, reading 2 page landscape, the image disappears as it will not fit a page. ( Rotating device to portrait reveals the. Now-huge image

E.g. a scene break image which is supposed to be say just 2 lines deep becomes as big as half a screen .

I am asking if anyone knows the exact trigger for such resizing. I suspect it comes from having an attribute of "auto" in the relevant src CSS.

I would like a simple way to zap it away or to substitute a new property that forces such images to say small, like they do in most other renderers ( a book with a problematic images in moon will look fine on a kindle or a kobo - it is a quirk or bug in how moon does stuff )

If someone has already studied this , it will save me much trial and error.. it's only in a small percentage of books but is most annoying when it happens.

#2  issybird 06-17-2020, 03:11 PM
Moved to the Android forum.

#3  barryem 06-17-2020, 07:35 PM
I don't know that I have an answer for this but I've never seen the problem. I do most of my reading in Moon+.

You mentioned that it might be something in the CSS and I do have Disable CSS Styles turned off in Miscellaneous Settings. I don't really know a lot about CSS or HTML or epub but I have Calibre set to format books the way I like them and that's how I want Moon+ to present them, which is why I turned off CSS. So this might be a clue that you're right that it is something in CSS.

Sorry I can't be more definite but hopefully that might help a bit.

Barry

#4  graatch 08-27-2020, 01:30 AM
Quote stumped
Not sure what forum to ask this in ,as there isn't one dedicated to the moon reader app...

I have noticed that with some books rendered in moon, a small image , like a twiddly scene break image, or a start of chapter image gets enormously resized. So much so that in some cases, reading 2 page landscape, the image disappears as it will not fit a page. ( Rotating device to portrait reveals the. Now-huge image

E.g. a scene break image which is supposed to be say just 2 lines deep becomes as big as half a screen .

I am asking if anyone knows the exact trigger for such resizing. I suspect it comes from having an attribute of "auto" in the relevant src CSS.

I would like a simple way to zap it away or to substitute a new property that forces such images to say small, like they do in most other renderers ( a book with a problematic images in moon will look fine on a kindle or a kobo - it is a quirk or bug in how moon does stuff )

If someone has already studied this , it will save me much trial and error.. it's only in a small percentage of books but is most annoying when it happens.
Oh, that's fixable with a built-in option I believe.

Miscellaneous --> scroll to the bottom, (Image Display Options) ---> uncheck 'Fit all images to screen'.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register