Mobileread
Two Way Talking: Calibre <-> Moon+ Reader
#1  mneimeyer 05-19-2020, 10:53 PM
My current setup is Calibre on my Windows Desktop > COPS on my Linux Server -> Moon+ Reader on my Android(s)

I'm mildly frustrated that the integration is pretty one way. I can get to all my books from the Android but no information goes back to Calibre. Is there any better solution to getting the talking between systems to be two directional?

For example, I'd love any notes I made in Moon+ to get noted back in Calibre (especially notes to fix problems in a given book) or even just a "Date last downloaded" so that I could possibly browse only "unread" books. Things like that. It is all stuff I can do manually but I HAVE to do it manually.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

P.S. As the COPS part hints I'm not afraid of running other servers/services if it will make my life easier. Thx!

#2  mbovenka 05-20-2020, 04:42 AM
Quote mneimeyer
I'm mildly frustrated that the integration is pretty one way. I can get to all my books from the Android but no information goes back to Calibre. Is there any better solution to getting the talking between systems to be two directional?
Calibre Companion will give you tighter integration and will connect to Calibre directly either as a wireless device or to the Calibre server. You might want to look into that and skipping COPS. You can keep using MoonReader as a reading app with it.

It has its own forum here.

#3  mneimeyer 05-26-2020, 05:01 AM
Quote mbovenka
Calibre Companion will give you tighter integration and will connect to Calibre directly either as a wireless device or to the Calibre server.
So I took my time (and life happened... <sigh>) and I've done some research on CC and unless I'm missing something I don't see that it addresses what I'm trying to do. I'll definitely see if it makes it easier to push/pull books to my Android but I don't see anywhere that it updates Metadata in Calibre or is able to access Moon+ notes and things like that.

Quote mbovenka
It has its own forum here.
I can ask in there as well but I spent a while reading posts and again I don't see my use case described there.

Did I miss something? Thanks though!

#4  mbovenka 05-26-2020, 07:50 AM
Quote mneimeyer
So I took my time (and life happened... <sigh>) and I've done some research on CC and unless I'm missing something I don't see that it addresses what I'm trying to do. I'll definitely see if it makes it easier to push/pull books to my Android but I don't see anywhere that it updates Metadata in Calibre or is able to access Moon+ notes and things like that.
You may be right, I haven't used CC for quite a while and haven't really kept up with it. But as the Calibre server now has update capabilities, CC may have too, as it can connect to it.

I'd drop the question in the CC forum and see what falls out. If CC can't do it, I don't know of anything else that can.

#5  stumped 05-26-2020, 12:03 PM
No one has written a decoder for the moon reader notes and annotations files. It is simple to get at the files, 2 per book,. But they are mostly gibberish. So if you want the feature you will have to solve that and code it
To get at the files easily, have moon sync to cloud then pick them out of the cache folder that it creates
Take a look for small files like booktitle.and booktitle.po

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register