Mobileread
The Status of Marvin
#81  santoshdts 08-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Hi,
I was using the Sync location of a book iam reading few days ago.
Today I tried to do the same by hitting the Sync button on the progress bar but iam unable to mark the location.

Is the Sync stopped, which used to help in access the latest location of the same book on a different device?

Iam I missing something here?

Thanks.

show attachment »

#82  Valkrider 08-17-2019, 01:53 AM
You don't need to mark the location sync does that. It still works for me fine between my iPad mini and my iPhone.

#83  pwalker8 08-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Quote santoshdts
Hi,
I was using the Sync location of a book iam reading few days ago.
Today I tried to do the same by hitting the Sync button on the progress bar but iam unable to mark the location.

Is the Sync stopped, which used to help in access the latest location of the same book on a different device?

Iam I missing something here?

Thanks.

show attachment »
Syncing does require linking via dropbox or iCloud. Once you are linked, syncing happens automatically. You use the sync button to look at the cloud and see what devices are at what locations rather than to store your current location. Thus if I have two devices and have been reading on device A, then pick up device B and open the same book, I use the sync button to move to where I was on device A.

#84  Geosprouter 09-03-2019, 11:59 AM
The saddest part of all of this is that Marvin is simply the best ereader out there. None of them compare to Marvin and I have tried most of them. The only one that comes close is Hyphen IMHO.

#85  Wickedkitten 09-03-2019, 12:06 PM
It’s a damn shame that Kris stopped development and I really hope that it wasn’t because of the stuff that happened in the beta newsgroup.

#86  peaceridge 09-03-2019, 05:41 PM
I like Marvin better than any others I've tried. However, I'm having to give up on it - when viewing in landscape with 2 columns, Marvin looses it's place when I leave. When I remember, I give it a bookmark, but I often forget and it is just too frustrating to find my place when I go back.

#87  Turtle91 09-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Just a thought...don't use 2 columns??

1 column works fine...and it is still better than any others I've tried too.

#88  peaceridge 09-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Quote Turtle91
Just a thought...don't use 2 columns??

1 column works fine...and it is still better than any others I've tried too.
I'm a fast reader, so 2 columns makes me even faster as my eyes don't have to travel across the line, just down to the next line. In one column my eyes have to first move sideways, then down, thus slowing me down. I do agree that it is better than any of the others.

#89  Turtle91 09-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Quote peaceridge
I'm a fast reader, so 2 columns makes me even faster as my eyes don't have to travel across the line, just down to the next line. In one column my eyes have to first move sideways, then down, thus slowing me down. I do agree that it is better than any of the others.
If you make the margins wide enough you could reduce the one wide column down to the width of the column you would get when using two columns...and then turn on auto scroll so you don't even have to move your eyes from the bottom of one column to the top of the next. Plus - no sideways reading!

Marvin can accommodate all kinds of reading styles!!

edit: OK...all playing aside, you can just go in to general settings and turn on the option to "auto-bookmark on close"....then you're all set!

#90  peaceridge 09-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Quote Turtle91

edit: OK...all playing aside, you can just go in to general settings and turn on the option to "auto-bookmark on close"....then you're all set!
Thanks so much - perfect solution!

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (9/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register