Mobileread
BookCreator Tool v3.5
#481  Jimbo724 07-23-2012, 06:16 AM
OS X has regex, but apparently Word 2011 for Mac does not.

#482  =X= 07-23-2012, 12:29 PM
The wild card search is MS watered down and altered version of Regular Expressions.

Regular Expressions is an industry standard programing/search language that allows users to search trough text efficiently.

I switched to RegEx because Microsoft started including it in their Microsoft suit a while back.

The library is called "MS VB Script Regular Expressions". It's part of the VB Script library it should be in the (VBScript.dll) DLL.

1. Open a word doc by double clicking on the BookCreator template file
2. Press Alt+11
3. Select menu "Tool|References..."
4. Look for "MS VB Script Regular Expressions" or something to that extent. Or look for the VBScript.dll library.

#483  Jimbo724 07-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote =X=

The library is called "MS VB Script Regular Expressions". It's part of the VB Script library it should be in the (VBScript.dll) DLL.
No VBScript in OS X, so I guess that's a definite no-go.

OS X uses AppleScript or JavaScript.

Thank you for the clarification.

#484  pyatrus 09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
MS Word 2010 with Bookcreator 2007 crashes about 99% of the time, though the epub book I'm creating usually gets created before MS Word crashes.

Word does completely crash and when I "recover" the Word file that is my source file for the epub book, it is selected from a list of recovered files from the crash, etc.

I used the earlier versions of Book creator with Word 2000 and 2003 with great success for years, but am forced to use Office 2010 on my Windows 7 computer (which I'm not happy about all in all -- the usually mediocre, at best, OS from Redmond, WA).

Any suggestions? (thanks in advance!)

#485  pyatrus 09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
More info:

before the MS Word crash, I am usually prompted to save both "BookCreator_2007.dotm" and "normal.dotm" but states that the files are read-only and cannot be saved. What's with this??? Is this one of the asinine Microsoft security settings that cause more problems than they solve????

Quote pyatrus
MS Word 2010 with Bookcreator 2007 crashes about 99% of the time, though the epub book I'm creating usually gets created before MS Word crashes.

Word does completely crash and when I "recover" the Word file that is my source file for the epub book, it is selected from a list of recovered files from the crash, etc.

I used the earlier versions of Book creator with Word 2000 and 2003 with great success for years, but am forced to use Office 2010 on my Windows 7 computer (which I'm not happy about all in all -- the usually mediocre, at best, OS from Redmond, WA).

Any suggestions? (thanks in advance!)

#486  =X= 09-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote pyatrus
MS Word 2010 with Bookcreator 2007 crashes about 99% of the time, though the epub book I'm creating usually gets created before MS Word crashes
Are you using the latest version of BookCreator? This use to be a problem but was resolved a few months back. I recommend you re-download BookCreator again. Those error messages seem like the old behavior.

#487  pyatrus 09-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks, but that does not seem to be the issue. I assume it's a security issue of some sort since it keeps prompting me to save the Word template and sometimes I also get the error "AnyToHTML: An Error has occurred - This file is read-only."

I verified I have the March, 2012 book creator 2007 template, I have Windows administrator rights access with the Windows login I'm using, etc.

As I mentioned, the epub DOES get created; it's simply verify annoying to deal with all of the "save template" messages, read-only file messages when I try to save, etc., etc.

#488  firefoxvn 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I have the same problem like pyatrus. The epub or mobi gets created but Word crashes. Can you fix this problem?
My system is Windows 7 64bit and Office 2010 32bit with BookCreator 2007 v3.05.03.
Now I save Word file to odt file and use Calibre to convert odt file directly.

#489  =X= 09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
This was supposed to be fixed, I'll look into it. I'm our of town and won't get to fix it next week

#490  Raswan 09-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Similar problem in Word 2007 Windows 7 64 bit. Prompted to save templates (BC and Normal) , but they are used. After closing popupping windows, ebook is normally created. So no crash, but its annoying. I have version 3.5.03 from first page .

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (49/51)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register