Mobileread
[Custom Covers] Blanks, Templates - get them, share them, help to modify and create
#11  MiniMouse 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone,

I tried an own leather creation for a generic cover. These cover is composited from:
1. my own leather jacket
2. shining through is a picture of oily asphalt
3. some ornaments
4. the book frame of the red book I posted before

and obviously some filters.

What do you think?

MiniMouse
Leather Cover.jpg 
[zip] Leather Cover.zip (7.64 MB, 1040 views)

#12  jersysman 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote MiniMouse
Hey everyone,

I tried an own leather creation for a generic cover. These cover is composited from:
1. my own leather jacket
2. shining through is a picture of oily asphalt
3. some ornaments
4. the book frame of the red book I posted before

and obviously some filters.

What do you think?

MiniMouse
I think it will look good on my ebook shelf!

Grabbing this one.

#13  GrannyGrump 09-13-2013, 01:54 AM
Thank you for the generic covers, they are lovely! Karma to you.

I upload rehabilitated public domain books to the library here on MobileRead, and sometimes the "original" cover is unusable. I would love to use some of your covers, and would of course give you credit. Let me know if you would prefer that I do not use your covers.

#14  MiniMouse 09-13-2013, 03:59 AM
Quote grannyGrumpy
Thank you for the generic covers, they are lovely! Karma to you.

I upload rehabilitated public domain books to the library here on MobileRead, and sometimes the "original" cover is unusable. I would love to use some of your covers, and would of course give you credit. Let me know if you would prefer that I do not use your covers.
Hallo grannyGrumpy,

don't give me credit for book covers I found online or the wrapping paper covers. True, I worked them over or added things sometimes but they are still not mine and I don't know how trustworthy some free public domain sides really are. The linen covers are mostly my own creation but the background isn't.

The cover here is my own creation with an own picture I took (and I used only minor other things from public domain sides to complete it). I would love to get credit for this (and the once that probably will follow).

When you let me know where you found other public domain books, I could try to work them over too. Maybe I get them useable.

MiniMouse

#15  GrannyGrump 09-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Ah, the Linen ones I really like!

I get text from Project Gutenberg (www.gutenberg.org/) which are in good shape, but no italics or diacritics for non-English languages, and their illustrations are sort of ok, but really compressed. I also get booksfrom the Internet Archive (www.archive.org) which has lots of scans of public domain and Creative Commons books, but the text is in terrible shape. Internet archive often has scans of first editions, so I can get the original illustrations from there. (the illustrations usually need lots of work).

Illustrations that are in public domain or Creative Commons are allowed to be re-worked and re-distributed.

I'm looking forward to more covers from you.

#16  MiniMouse 09-13-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote grannyGrumpy
Ah, the Linen ones I really like!

I get text from Project Gutenberg (www.gutenberg.org/) which are in good shape, but no italics or diacritics for non-English languages, and their illustrations are sort of ok, but really compressed. I also get booksfrom the Internet Archive (www.archive.org) which has lots of scans of public domain and Creative Commons books, but the text is in terrible shape. Internet archive often has scans of first editions, so I can get the original illustrations from there. (the illustrations usually need lots of work).

Illustrations that are in public domain or Creative Commons are allowed to be re-worked and re-distributed.

I'm looking forward to more covers from you.
I will check out these sides and see what I can come up with

#17  MiniMouse 09-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Hey,

for everyone who wants to use the cover with the 'Generate Cover - Plugin' here is the zip.

The fond I used is the free 'Sherlock Holmes' fond from here. You have to download it before you use it IF you want the same look.

MiniMouse
Leather Cover_Text.jpg 
[zip] Leather Cover_Text.zip (7.64 MB, 810 views)

#18  Sefiriot 09-13-2013, 11:38 AM
My only regret is that you can't use two images on the same cover in the Generate Covers plugin: I wanted to make a cover with your Leather Cover 1 as background and an illustration at the bottom superimposed on top, but that didn't work out and I didn't feel like breaking out GIMP for it. Ah well. Either way thank you very much for the linen covers: I've made myself a very nice default cover setting with your Linen Cover 3.

#19  theducks 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote Sefiriot
My only regret is that you can't use two images on the same cover in the Generate Covers plugin: I wanted to make a cover with your Leather Cover 1 as background and an illustration at the bottom superimposed on top, but that didn't work out and I didn't feel like breaking out GIMP for it. Ah well. Either way thank you very much for the linen covers: I've made myself a very nice default cover setting with your Linen Cover 3.
Use an image editor like Paintshop Pro, Gimp , the use that with Generate cover to add the metadata (author, series, title)

#20  MiniMouse 09-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote Sefiriot
I make all my covers with the online foto editor 'Open Pixlr editor (Advanced)' you can find here. With that you can easy put a picture over mine (trust me, I had no idea what I was doing some month ago).

MiniMouse

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/25)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register