Mobileread
Two quick questions on Abbyy Finereader
#1  1v4n0 04-09-2020, 03:06 AM
Hello everyone.
I just upgraded to the latest version of Abbyy Finereader (15) after using #10 for a long time, and I have two questions.

1) For some reason, the text panel is just a bit too narrow, and a tiny bit of the text always falls behind its borders. See image. Zooming in or out doesn't change anything.

Spoiler Warning below

image »

2) When the end of the page interrupts a paragraph, or even a word, the resulting text file keeps the line break - in the previous version it automatically merged the end of one page with the beginning of the next one. And yes I have omitted "keep line breaks". Hope I made myself clear.

Thank you in advance.
Untitled.png 

#2  Tex2002ans 04-09-2020, 05:13 AM
Quote 1v4n0
I just upgraded to the latest version of Abbyy Finereader (15) after using #10 for a long time, and I have two questions.
I'm still on Finereader 12, but I'll take a few stabs in the dark.

(And you'll have to let me know how 15 is. I've been wondering how exactly the new PDF comparison actually works, and if OCR is any more accurate.)

Quote 1v4n0
1) For some reason, the text panel is just a bit too narrow, and a tiny bit of the text always falls behind its borders. See image. Zooming in or out doesn't change anything.
Hmmm... Did you press View > Image and Text Windows > Show Image and Text Windows?

If it's anything like 12, it looks like the thickness of the "Image" window's vertical bar may have accidentally slid behind the little thumbnails.

Quote 1v4n0
2) When the end of the page interrupts a paragraph, or even a word, the resulting text file keeps the line break - in the previous version it automatically merged the end of one page with the beginning of the next one. And yes I have omitted "keep line breaks".
What are your settings in:

Tools > Options > Save > DOCX/ODT/RTF

Here's the way mine's set in 12:

show attachment »

and I've never had issues with hyphenation...

#3  1v4n0 04-09-2020, 05:41 AM
Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately, none of them works. I still get the page numbers in the final text file.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register