Mobileread
Collected Works Poe, Edgar Allan: Complete Works | v.2.1 | Update 23 Apr 2017
#21  medard 10-07-2013, 07:19 AM
image »

Today is the 164th anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe's death.

Maybe just the right time to have a look at this pioneer of American Romanticism once again.

#22  pynch 05-08-2016, 03:59 AM
I have added the Literary Criticism (The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe, vols. 8-13, ed. by James A. Harrison, Thomas Y. Crowell & Company 1902, including the editorial matter), the Letters (The Letters of Edgar Allan Poe, 2nd edition, 2 vols., ed. by J. W. Ostrom, The Gordian Press 1966), and the missing Miscellanea (from the first publications). I have also included the original 160 autographs for “Autography” and “A Chapter on Autography.”

Expect proofed versions of the tales and A. Gordon Pym soon.

#23  Jossi 05-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Getting better and better. Your editions are really a treat, pynch. Thank you for each one.

#24  pynch 05-29-2016, 02:24 PM
You’re very welcome.

#25  pynch 04-23-2017, 05:41 AM
Only slightly later than announced, here they are:

I have replaced the tales and novels with the critical texts from www.eapoe.org (Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Vol. 2 & 3: Tales and Sketches, ed. by Thomas Ollive Mabbott, Cambridge & London, 1978; The Collected Writings of Edgar Allan Poe, Vol. 1: The Imaginary Voyages, ed. by Burton R. Pollin, New York, 1994) and proofed them against scans of their copy-texts. I have tried to make sure they follow the critical editions by also checking Mabbott’s and Pollin’s emendations. About 470 mistakes in the eapoe.org-digitisation were corrected. Please let me know if you find any mistakes.

There are, in the critical editions, about 200 deviations from the copy-texts which are not recorded in the list of variants, half of which I would call mistakes (the rest may be silent emendations). All of them are hidden in the code and appear if you delete “display: none; ” in the stylesheet specifications for the <ins> element. (If you do the same for the <del> element, you will get the page numbers for the tales, the novels, the criticism, and the letters.)

There isn’t much left of the original Raven Edition (sorry, P’weeze), but I think the critical texts would be preferred by most people.

#26  DrMPippik 07-23-2017, 05:40 PM
This is just a brief thanks for collecting and collating Poe's works in one place. Though there are numerous multi-volume editions (Raven, Stone & Kimball, Croker/John Murray, etc.), and an 80 MB (yet incomplete) Archive.org epub of the 1938 Random House edition, you've produced a useful compilation that is easy to read and reference in almost any device.

#27  pynch 07-24-2017, 03:18 AM
You’re welcome, and welcome to MobileRead.

#28  Dr. Drib 09-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Downloaded the Poe.

Thank you!

#29  harmtemolder 11-21-2020, 06:11 PM
Thanks for this!

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register