Mobileread
Color jetbook color internal pics
#1  paperwastage 03-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Took pics of a partial teardown of the jbc, will post more pics, but here is the main juicy parts...

Is there an easier way to remove the EM shielding?

image »

#2  mod186k1 03-14-2012, 07:38 AM
oh! no other hw inside, then

Ok, I can always use the useless internal space....

show attachment »

... to store my microSD adapter

I'm Joking!

#3  ProDigit 03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Amazing that it uses only one battery cell in the compartment!
If they had created the JBC, without all that steel, and a flexible e-ink/Oled screen, the device might have weighed half the weight, even if it had twice the battery capacity!

So far not much interesting to see, perhaps the other side of the board shows more?

#4  lorenzoens 03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
You're right, but usually a 9,7" isn't intended to be that much portable.

I did a little survey, from which results that 9,7" buyers usually read at home or at work

#5  paperwastage 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
ill post the rest of the pics when I get home

the entire housing is plastic, and feels heavy/thick. once I removed every piece of the housing, it is relatively light and thinnish.

more important stuff, how do I get access to under the EM shielding to look at the chips/traces to see if there's a jtag? under side of circuit board is rather bland as well

#6  ProDigit 03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
I have the Sony PRS-505, original Jetbook, and the Astak Reader Pro.
The same order is in order of weight. The PRS505, is freaking heavy, because it uses metal in it's housing. The original Jetbook is much lighter; but the astak feels just as sturdy, made entirely out of plastic, weighs almost half the Jetbook's weight, and about 1/3rd to a quarter of the weight of the Sony PRS-505!

I think Ectaco is generally using a lot of metal within the device that is not necessary!
If they wanted to shield the hardware, they could have used foil instead of plates; it would reduce weight significantly!

The Jetbook Color, due to it's weight, is actually becoming more brittle,than if it was made entirely out of plastic. I'm quite sure it will not survive a drop/fall off a table onto a hard floor, eventhough the internals are quite sturdy, the casing and perhaps screen would break more easily

#7  mod186k1 03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
So If a burglar try to break in my house I can use my JBC as a weapon

#8  PF4Mobile 03-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote mod186k1
So If a burglar try to break in my house I can use my JBC as a weapon
Yeap donate it to save your live
The burglar will try to sell it and he will get killed by the buyer for ripping him off when the buyer realizes how much he paid for what he got.

#9  repods 03-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote paperwastage
Took pics of a partial teardown of the jbc, will post more pics, but here is the main juicy parts...

Is there an easier way to remove the EM shielding?

image »
wow a building quality impressive !
go have a look at ipad3 internals here :http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad-3-4G-Teardown/8277/1
and understand what means engineering,
it does not mean "adhesive tape"

#10  andyh2000 03-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote repods
wow a building quality impressive !
go have a look at ipad3 internals here :http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad-3-4G-Teardown/8277/1
and understand what means engineering,
it does not mean "adhesive tape"
No, it means copious quantities of glue, and don't even think of trying to change the battery yourself.

Andrew

Posted from an iPad 1

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register