Mobileread
"Pulse" feature on the Vox
#1  EMG 10-27-2011, 12:08 AM
OMG! This is going to be an awesome feature! This will take some time to actually create a "buzz" while reading a passage as there are no comments yet on any books... I just hope it will be moderated though as there will probably be some potential spoilers.

#2  JD Gumby 10-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Ugh. What a horrible feature. If I ever get a Vox, this will be the first thing I disable. If it can't be disabled, then Kobo doesn't get my money.

#3  The Terminator 10-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeahhhhhh, I'm not to excited about it. It will be coming the Kobo readers in the future as well, I think if you are able to hide the "pulse" (Which looks like it would be a bit distracting) and access it through the menu then maybe I wouldn't mind.

#4  pokee 10-27-2011, 02:00 AM
OH - this is TOTALLY a MASSIVE selling feature for me! Part of why I like reading so much is discussing with other people! I am sort of stuck doing that via book reviews at the moment. I don't have time for book clubs, so this is the PERFECT thing for me! I could see having spoilers, but I don't mind! I just want to find other people that like the same books as me!!!

#5  molman 10-27-2011, 05:05 AM
I don't mind the concept, I'm just not a fan of facebook. Wished they'd look at also working with some of the other book orientated social sites like Goodreads.

#6  Graycee 10-27-2011, 07:19 AM
I was able to download the Vox user manual through the Kobo store. You can turn pulse off.

#7  The Terminator 10-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Well yes turn it off is fine... But having it come up when you push menu would be better. I don't think I would like to have a little black thing pulsing at the bottom of the screen, but I like the concept of discussing what's happening in the book with other people.

#8  moolyn 10-27-2011, 05:30 PM
I think the pulse would distract from reading but assume that it will only work if you have wireless on anyway.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register