Mobileread
Nook Glowlight Plus has a 7.8" Screen, Will Retail for $199
#11  binaryhermit 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Would you expect anything less than a bungled marketing effort out of B&N?

#12  Calenorn 05-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Quote binaryhermit
Would you expect anything less than a bungled marketing effort out of B&N?
I never stop hoping.

What I REALLY hope is that they've improved the software from the Glow 3.

#13  ZodWallop 05-23-2019, 02:22 PM
Quote Calenorn
Now there, I agree with you!

Hopefully ALL of the empty space is available for sideloading from the get-go, much like the original Glowlight Plus.

It was changing the partitions on the Glowlight 3 that cause the stability issues I believe. As my original Glowlight Plus is more stable and faster than my Glowlight 3.

Other than that, my only realistic hopes for improved Nook software are bring back the 'Current Read' button in the top left instead of the useless 'Profile' button that's there now, and stop nagging me to turn on the Wi-Fi. I know it's off. It saves battery.

If we're venturing into fantasy land, display series information on sideloaded books like Kobo does. And allow me to turn off the ads/book store recs that fill the bottom half of the home screen.

#14  Sirtel 05-23-2019, 03:07 PM
Will be watching with interest. But unless they really improve their software as to speed and managing sideloaded books, I'm not going to open my wallet.

#15  John F 05-23-2019, 04:17 PM
Quote Calenorn
I never stop hoping.

I agree. I want more formatting options (margins, line spacing, ...)

#16  lumpynose 05-23-2019, 04:42 PM
Quote ZodWallop
I'm one that doesn't want a 7.8" screen.
Borrow a Forma from someone and read some books on it and you might change your tune.

#17  Apparition B5 05-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Depending on how well it sideloads eBooks, I may actually buy this just to support a non-Amazon eReader in the U.S.

#18  vampmiller 05-23-2019, 04:50 PM
Quote Apparition B5
Depending on how well it sideloads eBooks, I may actually buy this just to support a non-Amazon eReader in the U.S.
That's a really childish and silly reason to buy the Nook. AND exactly the reason I'm buying one.

#19  ZodWallop 05-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Quote lumpynose
Borrow a Forma from someone and read some books on it and you might change your tune.
Why do that when I can just go into a B&N and see the new Glowlight Plus? I'm the only person I know that has a Kobo at all.

But I can tell you that I preferred mass market paperbacks to hardbacks or trade paperbacks. I preferred the more compact size.

#20  Sirtel 05-23-2019, 04:56 PM
Is that photo added to the first post an actual image of the new Nook or just a speculation what it might look like?

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/27)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register