Mobileread
Dasung Paperlike HD, an amazing device
#11  -Lesnikus- 09-08-2018, 03:58 AM
Quote viceant
There are some videos on youtube of Paperlike HD from Japan, uploaded 5 days ago. Have you seen them?
Yes, but this videos is not sufficiently informative. I would like something like this:

YouTube clip »

#12  kamerek 09-09-2018, 07:27 AM
why there is feature of ANTI BLUE LIGHT? in Dasung description?>

eink has no backlight , no led

Can anyone explain?

#13  DaleDe 09-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Quote kamerek
why there is feature of ANTI BLUE LIGHT? in Dasung description?>

eink has no backlight , no led

Can anyone explain?
It has a frontlight read about Blue-light exposure@Wiki » on our wiki.

Dale

#14  eReader fan 09-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Wait.... That monitor have a frontlight? I dont think so, otherwise it would be the first 13" device with light, or at least the first where it works homogenilly (I dont know how to write this word correcrly...).

#15  -Lesnikus- 09-30-2018, 06:15 AM
Why do you need frontlight? To buy an E-ink monitor, the main advantage of which is the absence of poisonous light from the LEDs or CCFL, then to ask developers to screw the poisonous frontlight to this monitor? If you do not have eyes hurting from LEDs and CCFL, halogen and other eye-damaging lamps, then you better look for a standart good LCD monitor.

This is my opinion based on personal experience. Any artificial light, whether in a monitor or a chandelier, causes eye fatigue. Only incandescent lamps and natural daylight do not cause pain in the eyes.

In addition to harming the LED, there is a second factor. E-Ink does not need frontlight, since it creates uneven lighting with the surrounding space (room) and this can be one of the factors causing pain in the eyes. It is better to install good lighting above the workplace. Better yet, work during the day and use natural daylight. The backlight will only lead to a rise in the price of the monitor and dubious functionality.

By the way, Dasung Papererlike do not have frontlight.
------
It is important that in the future, Dasung increased the display size to 17-19 inches, increased the frame rate to at least 8 fps (the physical limit for E-ink) and reduced the input lag as much as possible. This is my waiting list.

#16  MonkReader 10-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Anyone know the specification differences between the Paperlike Pro and Paperlike 3 HD? I am also wondering the frame per second difference between the two in A2 Mode, 16 grayscale mode and Floyd mode. Its not clear on Dasung's website how these models are different.

Then there is a touch version of the Paperlike Pro that appears to be up for interest. Why would they take an older model and put touch on it?

#17  Phung 10-28-2018, 09:24 AM
I am not sure but here is my speculation. The screen of paperlike HD is better (more expensive) than that of paperlike pro. Therefore if they would like to sell a device with a reasonable price (less than 1000$) having touch function on it, Paperlike pro may be a good fit.

#18  MonkReader 11-02-2018, 01:19 AM
That makes sense. I noticed the resolution of each are different which would indicate the newer Carta 1.2. For most peoples purposes the the frames per second is the most important metric. Thus far the company has not been forthright with that information for its various modes which makes it difficult to determine the true value and performance of their product.

I also would like to see the Paperlike HD with Wacom functionality. At their price point of 1k it should be included. I realize Dasung is a startup company but their only edge right now seems to be slightly better software for rendering the screen of their device. If a more established company with more resources such as Onyx, Amazon, Sony, stepped up and improved upon their software, while utilizing the newest e ink displays with HDMI, Dasung will then be a company of the past.

I am all for startup companies and innovation but as a new company you really have to work hard to offer a lot more for less to succeed in my opinion.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register