Mobileread
Nook for PC does not work any more
#1  Iris-maybe 01-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Today,when i tried to download Nook books via my Nook for pc( old version, not windows nook app), I get the error message as below
"We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time--please try again later.(Download: 2157)".
So the Nook for PC will not work anymore????

#2  Fbone 01-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Try Nookstudy

#3  billsfan2 01-02-2019, 01:31 AM
Use Nook Study, since Nook for PC stopped working for some several years ago.

#4  Iris-maybe 01-02-2019, 02:06 AM
But the Nook study will not let me log in and pop up "Server error"

#5  Iris-maybe 01-02-2019, 02:13 AM
Quote Iris-maybe
But the Nook study will not let me log in and pop up "Server error"
I just downloaded Nook books a few days ago via Nook for PC( OLD VERSION). This error is very new~! So I am not sure if I should purchase from Nook again because there is no way for me to remove the DRM with calibre if I can not download them again!

#6  cgsmom 01-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Not sure why you are having a problem. I just downloaded a book using Nook for PC on Windows 10 and imported it into Calibre. It is very slow but still works.

#7  FizzyWater 01-02-2019, 08:46 PM
It doesn't make sense with the error, but you might want to confirm your credit card is still active on the B&N site. At one time, it wouldn't allow downloads if it had expired.

#8  bgalbrecht 01-03-2019, 03:00 AM
You might also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. For some reason, it won't download any new ebooks for me unless I do that.

#9  ZodWallop 01-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Quote Iris-maybe
Today,when i tried to download Nook books via my Nook for pc( old version, not windows nook app)...
If you're using Windows 8/10, why not try the Windows Nook App? That's all I use on my PCs and have not had problems downloading with them or importing from there to Calibre (though, to be fair, I haven't bought from B&N in a long while).

If nothing else, if the Nook app works and Nook for PC doesn't, you have your answer.

#10  Iris-maybe 01-04-2019, 04:08 AM
Quote ZodWallop
If you're using Windows 8/10, why not try the Windows Nook App? That's all I use on my PCs and have not had problems downloading with them or importing from there to Calibre (though, to be fair, I haven't bought from B&N in a long while).

If nothing else, if the Nook app works and Nook for PC doesn't, you have your answer.
Thank you for your suggestion! Just install Windows Nook app and download my books already. The problem has been fixed. Get my Nook book backed up on my computer coz I never know what will happen again( OF course, Strip the Nook DRM)

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register