Mobileread
Nook Partitioning Update
#1  dmevis 12-04-2017, 08:48 PM
I complained (in writting) to B&N when I received my Nook GL3 and they updated the firmware to create a small partition for side-loaded books. Today I received an email from B&N asking me if I want to beta-test a new firmware version that makes all 6.5GB available for either Nook-books or side-loaded books.

Perhaps B&N listens to their Customers more than we think.

#2  dordale 12-05-2017, 01:06 AM
That is promising--and I would definitely be interested in the GL3 if it weren't for the partitioning!

#3  booklover6 12-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Same here, though the last thing I need is another ereader LOL. I have 2 by Amazon and 3 by Kobo.

#4  JSWolf 12-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Quote dmevis
I complained (in writting) to B&N when I received my Nook GL3 and they updated the firmware to create a small partition for side-loaded books. Today I received an email from B&N asking me if I want to beta-test a new firmware version that makes all 6.5GB available for either Nook-books or side-loaded books.

Have you gotten this beta firmware and if so, does it work to remove the partitioning?

#5  ZodWallop 12-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Quote dmevis

Dare to dream.

If they remove the partition, I will buy (another) Glowlight 3. As for now, it's a nice reader for my better half, but for me I'll stick with my Aura.

I hope that beta firmware goes somewhere.

#6  ZodWallop 12-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Quote dmevis

What address did you write to? I sent an email to lriggio@bn.com and got a phone call back. But though the lady was very nice nothing seemed to go anywhere.

#7  Apparition B5 12-05-2017, 12:14 PM
That's good news. That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing a GlowLight 3. I already have and really like a Kindle Voyage, but competition is good.

#8  dmevis 12-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Quote JSWolf
Have you gotten this beta firmware and if so, does it work to remove the partitioning?
I received a message from B&N Nook Development that the firmware (Version 48.3.10 / 4.8.3.10) is now available for download to my device. However, I am at work and won't be able to download it until tonight.

#9  tiltowait 12-05-2017, 02:22 PM
This partition thing is kind of funny. While in practical terms, it doesn’t affect me at all (I only have ~600MB of eBooks), it bothers me as a matter of principle. I could see myself buying the Glowlight 3 if they reverse this policy, simply to show support—even though I don’t need one.

#10  ZodWallop 12-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Quote dmevis
I received a message from B&N Nook Development that the firmware (Version 48.3.10 / 4.8.3.10) is now available for download to my device. However, I am at work and won't be able to download it until tonight.
If they come through with this and make it available to all users, I'll buy another Glowlight 3 right away at full price.

Next »  Last »  (1/23)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register