Mobileread
Sony's new 13.3" digital paper DPTRP1 released
#11  fgdas 04-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Quote Dr. Drib

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
You would make your life much easier if you'd fill in warning into "upload window". Have a look at the screenshot. Max Width & Max Height are empty.
capture.jpg 

#12  T.W.G 04-11-2017, 04:17 AM
The grey case looks very nice! But let's hope the quality is MUCH better than the expensive super crap that I ordered from Sony Japan for the DPT-S1.

Only PDF support is still no problem. The Sony just works.

Can't wait to see a RP1 in person... it's sad that there are still no physical buttons on both sides to flip pages.

Does anybody know if the pen technology is compatible? From the pictures it does NOT seem so, the RP1 uses an active pen. Have a look at the picture with the USB-cable:
http://www.sony.jp/digital-paper/products/DPTA-RS1/

#13  uscam 04-11-2017, 05:37 AM
btw, is there a backlight built in?

#14  T.W.G 04-11-2017, 10:11 AM
I hope they used a flexible display again as the original DPT-S1 is very robust - excrep the color on my surrounding which wears of after only 1.5 years...

#15  Kumabjorn 04-11-2017, 10:39 AM
What is the point of Wi-Fi if there is no cloud app to it?

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.

#16  allochi 04-11-2017, 11:17 AM
So an active pen means higher precision, this is something that I have a problem with now, when I try to write on the edges the location and accuracy is messed up.

Also two button on the pen instead of one, which mean no need to switch between erase and highlight from the menu, cool!

I like how they made the pen clips now on both sides of the reader, nice touch. and the bezel seems lower to my eye.

And! translated from the website, you can have the document and notes side by side!!!

Work side by side with documents

Utilizing a wide screen, you can work efficiently on two screens

Various 2 screen display function is installed. Reading and writing work such as comparing documents, referring to different pages, writing to notes while reading documents, viewing facing documents, and so on will be advanced.

http://www.sony.jp/products/picture/y_DPT-RP1_007.jpg

Cool, we can bookmark pages by drawing a star

If "Mark" is handwritten, you can search the page you want to read and open it immediately

When reading a document and thinking "this is important" "I want to read here later", I quickly handwritten the mark of ☆ or *. Even documents with a large number of pages, you can quickly open marked areas. When combined with the document file search function with keywords such as file name, you can search and view documents you want to read without stress.

http://www.sony.jp/products/picture/y_DPT-RP1_009.jpg
The questions that remain to be answered:

1. How much of a difference 150 vs 205 PPI?
2. Does it come in black?
3. Did they fix the zoom in the software? currently, if I zoom I miss some features + black ugly needless bar at the bottom.
4. Did they introduce crop? or even a better way to zoom and save it as a preset.
5. Does it make a coffee and take the children to the school? (not that I have any)

I can't wait for a video review

#17  aydio 04-11-2017, 11:28 AM
this thing is bought the second it's released - for sure

#18  fgdas 04-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Quote Kumabjorn
What is the point of Wi-Fi if there is no cloud app to it?
1. for wireless transfer of documents to and from a compatible (WebDAV compatible) cloud storage service, then share it with your colleagues

2. to sync the files locally

3. perhaps you value to have full access to your device which is based on Android over your warranty so perform the act of breaking out of a jail

#19  plusz 04-11-2017, 02:32 PM
and only 349g, I love it!

#20  HarryT 04-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Quote uscam
btw, is there a backlight built in?
No, it's an eInk device (or some similar technology, anyway). Such screens are opaque and hence can't be backlit (and a 13.3" screen is far too big for a frontlight).

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/97)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register