Mobileread
PRS-T1 becomes unresponsive
#1  entodoays 12-15-2012, 01:30 PM
A couple of months ago my rooted PRS-T1 started becoming unresponsive at times. This would happen while browsing, while changing dictionary, while highlighting text or while opening a large ebook.

Not knowing what the problem was I uninstalled most of my applications but the problem remained. So I installed the restore-set to remove rooting. The problem persisted.
At this point I tried the uboot's sdrecovery package but this gave me problems (asked for settings at each reboot. So I installed first boroda's sdrecovery package followed by restore-set but the problem didn't go.
I tried removing the adb enable package (rupor's) and reinstalling it. None worked.
I tried a factory reset. No go.
Please help.

#2  nausica 12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi entodoays,
I think, first, you had to disable adb, and then uninstall rupor root.

#3  entodoays 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM
I'll try that.

I managed to get logs.

They are full of the following:

--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
W/PackageManager( 2105): Unknown permission com.google.android.gm.permission.WRITE_GMAIL in package com.android.settings
W/PackageManager( 2105): Unknown permission com.google.android.gm.permission.READ_GMAIL in package com.android.settings
com.sony.drbd.ebook.NetworkManagerSettings
W/PackageManager( 2105): Unknown permission android.permission.NFC in package com.sony.drbd.ebook.NetworkManagerSettings
W/PackageManager( 2105): Unknown permission com.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS in package com.sony.drbd.ebook.NetworkManagerSettings
W/PackageManager( 2105): Unknown permission com.android.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS in package com.sony.drbd.ebook.NetworkManagerSettings
W/PackageManager( 2105): Unknown permission
What does this mean?

#4  uboot 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
http://wiki.mobileread.com/w/index.p...mission_errors

#5  entodoays 12-16-2012, 02:33 AM
I'll try that again. The last time I tried to connect adb the reader would reboot automatically after connecting the usb cable. Is there a way to fix permissions from terminal?

#6  rupor 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM
entodoays

As far as I could see messages you show are always in the log (Usually twice after you boot device) - it is totally normal! You would not be able to fix them - and more than likely they have nothing to do with your problem...

#7  entodoays 12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks rupor for your reply. Do you have a clue how to solve the problem? I'm able to connect remotely through a serial connection to my device now.
Not sure how to connect adb though.
What is your suggestion? Should I try to fix-permissions?

#8  rupor 12-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I already wrote in other topic - you should return your device in a pristine original state and than start over, carefully remembering and/or documenting steps you have taken. I do not understand the problem you are having and cannot comment on how to resolve it.

#9  entodoays 12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I tried many times:

Hard reset followed by sdrecovery, restore-set.

This is the closest I can think of going back to zero since I never managed to do a full backup.

What surprises me in the logs is the reference to gmail when I do not have gmail installed.

#10  entodoays 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Here's the latest log file in full as an attachment.
[txt] log1.txt (27.6 KB, 760 views)

Next »  Last »  (1/12)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register