Mobileread
Philosophy Xenophon: The Memorable Thoughts of Socrates V.1
#1  NatCh 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Okay, it's quick and dirty, but it looks pretty good for all that. And it fills in a gap in the X place of author names.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
[lrf] The Memorable Thoughts of Socrates.lrf (163.5 KB, 1786 views)

#2  HarryT 07-14-2007, 05:03 AM
Excellent.

... but why isn't it in Ancient Greek?

#3  Nate the great 07-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Quote HarryT
Excellent.

You're right, that would be better.Now where did I leave that Attic Greek font...just a second... I'm sure I'll find it... I was just working on converting the Bible... It's gotta be around here somewhere...

#4  HarryT 07-14-2007, 06:08 AM
There are several Freebie ancient Greek fonts around - a very popular one is called "SPIonic". That "embeds" into LRF files very well with BD.

#5  Dr. Drib 07-14-2007, 06:54 AM
---- We'll expect the finished version Monday morning.

Don

Quote HarryT
Excellent.

#6  HarryT 07-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Happy to do it if anyone wants it. I use my Reader for reading Greek texts and it works beautifully.

#7  JSWolf 07-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Quote HarryT
Happy to do it if anyone wants it. I use my Reader for reading Greek texts and it works beautifully.
Go for it. I'd love to see what it looks like.

#8  HarryT 07-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Done. I've uploaded Book 1 of Homer's "Odyssey" in ancient Greek, embedding the public domain "SPIonic" font.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register