Mobileread
Dark Rain - #1 in fantasy adventure series -- 99c offer
#11  Tony Richards 08-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Perhaps even longer.

#12  Tony Richards 09-09-2014, 08:14 AM
And the 99c sale of my self-published fiction continues into September. There won't be another chance for quite a while.

#13  crich70 09-10-2014, 11:59 PM
I picked up 4 of the 5. Why the change in titles in # 2 &3 Tony? I mean the other 3 all mention "Raine's Landing dark fantasy adventure" as part of the header, but not 2 &3.

#14  Tony Richards 09-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Book #2 was published by Eos/HarperCollins and they still have the rights.

Book #3 was published by Dark Regions Press and their rights have almost expired, but I want to get back control of Book #2 first and then produce a boxset including 2 & 3.

Book #1 was also published by Eos, but I got the rights back earlier this year and produced by own e-book version. Books #4 & 5 were published by myself directly as e-books.

Complicated, huh? The more that you get published, the more you leave this spider's web of rights, contracts, and expiry dates in your wake.

#15  crich70 09-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Quote Tony Richards
Book #2 was published by Eos/HarperCollins and they still have the rights.

Book #3 was published by Dark Regions Press and their rights have almost expired, but I want to get back control of Book #2 first and then produce a boxset including 2 & 3.

Book #1 was also published by Eos, but I got the rights back earlier this year and produced by own e-book version. Books #4 & 5 were published by myself directly as e-books.

Complicated, huh? The more that you get published, the more you leave this spider's web of rights, contracts, and expiry dates in your wake.
Thanks. It does sound like a bit of a headache to sort through that (as you called it) spider's web of rights.

#16  Tony Richards 09-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Kind of like the web of a funnel spider, really, a tangled tube that extends deep into the ground. Fortunately, I have a little legal training (don't even ask why) and find it fairly easy to keep track of this kind of stuff.

#17  crich70 09-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Quote Tony Richards
Kind of like the web of a funnel spider, really, a tangled tube that extends deep into the ground. Fortunately, I have a little legal training (don't even ask why) and find it fairly easy to keep track of this kind of stuff.
I wonder which of us has the bigger mine field at the moment. I'm still fighting Kobo to get things sorted out. They unlocked the two books that I bought from them but they still owe me $3.26 in over charges. I wonder how soon they will begin to learn basic math.

#18  Tony Richards 09-30-2014, 08:37 PM
This sounds annoying. Fingers crossed that you get it sorted out quickly.

#19  Tony Richards 11-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Dark Rain is now at the fixed price of two bucks. I could have made it $1.99, but I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence.

#20  Tony Richards 11-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Still two bucks, for a full-length novel originally published by Harpers.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register