Mobileread
Kindle for PC won't play video content
#1  julliette 10-15-2013, 02:38 AM
I just bought an enhanced ebook with video and audio content, and on the page(s) of the book where the content should be says: 'This device does not support video/audio content'. I have Kindle for my Samsung Galaxy phone and I'm getting the same message. I also have an original Kindle which, of course, doesn't have audio or video function.

Is there a program I can download, something I need to do to access the extra content I paid for?

#2  sqdancer 10-15-2013, 02:55 AM
The few enhanced editions that I've stumbled across on Amazon have stated on the book's product page : Audio/Video content only available for iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices.

You might want to check out the product page of the book you bought and see what it says regarding device requirements.

#3  julliette 10-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Quote sqdancer
The few enhanced editions that I've stumbled across on Amazon have stated on the book's product page : Audio/Video content only available for iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices.

You might want to check out the product page of the book you bought and see what it says regarding device requirements.
My husband has an ipad, but he says he's always had trouble playing youtube videos, or vids on Facebook. I don't think he's ever bought an ebook with enhanced content, though. Guess I'll have to try it out....we both share the same Kindle account.

#4  DaleDe 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote julliette
My husband has an ipad, but he says he's always had trouble playing youtube videos, or vids on Facebook. I don't think he's ever bought an ebook with enhanced content, though. Guess I'll have to try it out....we both share the same Kindle account.
There are many video formats. The Kindle on iPad should work fine. There is a special iPad app for youtube videos but trying from a browser is problematic.

Dale

#5  HarryT 10-24-2013, 08:00 AM
The iOS and Android Kindle Apps are the only ones that can currently be used for "enhanced" ebooks with audio or video content.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register