Mobileread
How many ereaders you have?
#201  CWatkinsNash 10-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Quote Poppaea
Yay, darling! New reader May you enjoy it in good health and may it make you laugh and smile!

My batty baby! Hello! Yes, I love the new Oasis! I never thought I'd so easily give up my Voyage, but it turned out to be the right decision for me. And it turns out that I even enjoy holding it naked (the Oasis, not me) so I bought a sturdy sleeve for it to live in.

Haven't named it yet. Maybe I'll name it "Alba" after those cute little fuzzball bats that make leaf tents. After all, reading a good book feels like being nestled in my own little tent.

#202  tdonline 10-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Three. Started off with a Nook, then the Paperwhite and just got the Oasis.

The Oasis is now the designated book/novel reader and the PW for Send to Kindle and Calibre docs and newsfeed.

I checked the Nook for the first time in many years and it still works perfectly. It's from 2011 and doesn't have a front light. I've been keeping it around as a backup in the case something happened to the PW. Now that I have the Oasis, I'm wondering what to do with the Nook. I'm pleasantly surprised it still works well and a part of me thinks it's a shame it's going unused. What can I do with it? I thought about making it a recipe holder but then I have to convert recipes and upload to it...And that's too much work if I can now easily access recipes on my phone and laptop.

Would someone buy it? If not, maybe I should donate it?

#203  MarjaE 10-23-2020, 09:23 PM
Iriver Story Hd for novels and collections.

It can take an sd card, so in theory it can handle a larger library. It doesn't have collections, and it doesn't let me mark books as read, so it's better for a few long novels and collections than a lot of short stories.

Kindle 5 for short stories and reference books. It can't take an sd card. It does have collections, and I can easily update these using Calibre. I can also move books to a "Fict Reading" or "History Reading" as I start them and "to log" or "to cut" as I finish them.

Kindle Dx for pdfs, since I haven't been able to use older tablets and don't want to spend extra on a newer tablet. It has similar weaknesses and strengths to the K5. I really have to pre-process the pdfs for it.

#204  Dr. Drib 10-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Quote tdonline
Three. Started off with a Nook, then the Paperwhite and just got the Oasis.

The Oasis is now the designated book/novel reader and the PW for Send to Kindle and Calibre docs and newsfeed.

I checked the Nook for the first time in many years and it still works perfectly. It's from 2011 and doesn't have a front light. I've been keeping it around as a backup in the case something happened to the PW. Now that I have the Oasis, I'm wondering what to do with the Nook. I'm pleasantly surprised it still works well and a part of me thinks it's a shame it's going unused. What can I do with it? I thought about making it a recipe holder but then I have to convert recipes and upload to it...And that's too much work if I can now easily access recipes on my phone and laptop.

Would someone buy it? If not, maybe I should donate it?

Post your request in the Flea Market Forum and see if anyone is interested in an old device. And then if no one wants it, you should donate it.

#205  cajunrph 10-30-2020, 01:57 AM
Two Oasis (Gen one and two), One Kobo Forma, One Kobo Libra (on the way), B&N Glowlight 3, A paper white somewhere and a older gen Kindle. I’m getting away from the Amazon ecosystem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#206  kenmac999 11-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Two Kindle fire 7" (5th and 9th gen) with FBReader, NOOK, KIndle App, Overdrive and Chirp installed; Moto G Power with same apps; Chromebook with FBreader (use web based version of other apps). I primarily use FBReader as my goto app for ebook reading since it wil sync across all devices. I fall back to the others when ebook not available as open epub.

#207  helen19770707 12-14-2020, 05:35 AM
ipad2017 & Boox note3.

#208  ps67 12-14-2020, 12:20 PM
Update: now are 3.
Kindle Paperwhite 7th generation
Kobo Aura One
PB633 Color (I could not resist to the color)

I'm waiting for the release of a new Kobo ereader...

#209  hel 12-14-2020, 11:53 PM
I am using 2: forma and oasis.
Still have 8:
Kobo: forma, aura one, h2o and glo HD.
Sony: t3
Kindle: oasis, dx and paperwhite.

Waiting for color 10” with light.

#210  ottischwenk 12-15-2020, 02:51 AM
Quote hel
Waiting for color 10” with backlight.
Something like that already exists - it's called "tablet".

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (21/23)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register