Mobileread
Freda Ebook Reader for Windows and Android
#121  Jim Chapman 06-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Quote jackie_w
how do I get the Windows app to update?
Not a dumb question at all; Microsoft do not really explain it adequately. Start the Microsoft Store app on your PC, and click the ... item at the top right of the screen (next to the little 'person' icon). Choose 'Downloads and Updates'.
You will see a list of recent updates that have been applied to your Store apps. You may see that Freda has already been automatically updated (in that case it will show version 4.34). If not, then you can click the 'get updates' button to trigger the Store to go and look for updates - it should find a Freda update (if not now, then some time in the next 48 hours).

When you launch Freda, it should (the first time you run it) pop up a window summarising the features in the update. You can see that window again any time you want, from the main menu, by choosing support->release notes.

#122  jackie_w 06-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Quote Jim Chapman
Not a dumb question at all; Microsoft do not really explain it adequately. Start the Microsoft Store app on your PC, and click the ... item at the top right of the screen (next to the little 'person' icon). Choose 'Downloads and Updates'.
You will see a list of recent updates that have been applied to your Store apps. You may see that Freda has already been automatically updated (in that case it will show version 4.34). If not, then you can click the 'get updates' button to trigger the Store to go and look for updates - it should find a Freda update (if not now, then some time in the next 48 hours).

When you launch Freda, it should (the first time you run it) pop up a window summarising the features in the update. You can see that window again any time you want, from the main menu, by choosing support->release notes.
Thank you, that did the trick.

I'm hoping to provide you with some feedback from the POV of a Windows user who would like to see as much of the epub's own CSS honoured as possible with the added benefit of TTS whilst still looking at a nicely styled book. Since MSEdge gave up on epub-with-TTS I've missed this option.

#123  Jim Chapman 06-22-2020, 04:26 AM
UPDATE 22nd July: I've made a further update, to address some reported issues with books that had been open before the 4.34 update, and were now not displaying correctly. The issue was caused by corruption of the app's cache files.

If you see any problems, that this update does not fix, please email for support, or post here.

#124  Jim Chapman 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM

#125  Jim Chapman 09-03-2020, 07:44 AM

#126  Jim Chapman 11-11-2020, 06:44 AM

#127  Jim Chapman 12-27-2020, 01:35 PM

« First  « Prev   (13/13)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register