Mobileread
New "Mars" device from Likebook?
#761  Amon_Re 11-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Quote micha123
Having a look at the pictures I provided can somebody help me to identify fuses so that i can check their passage/beep them through?
Is the board single sided? There are probably some components on the back side. I'm not seeing much at that image size, look for components marked 'F'.

No obvious corrosion, nothing looks blown but I'd suggest going over it with a magnifying glass (or microscope) and see if you can spot anything iffy

#762  micha123 11-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Here a picture from the back side. SMD parts become even tinier. I tried to scan it. But I had to realize my LED Office scanner has no deepfield sharpness...

But I found another solution. Fortunately, a Likebook Mars with a broken screen was auctioned on ebay on Thursday. I could bid the item very cheaply and the package was delivered today.

I replaced the boards and got a working unit again. Yippee!

To make sure I tried to enter recovery mode and bootloader mode. No problem. For drivers I used 'rkDumper_105_obc67 + debug.zip'.

The new board has a newer revision 1.5 dated 20180907, but looks the same.
LikebookMarsT80D-5.jpg 

#763  Morioh 11-10-2019, 05:58 AM
I guess the latest devices that are sold will have the new revision.
Probably your problem you encountered is revised .
So they wont also suffer like you. Or perhaps the thing that was corrected is something completely different.

#764  micha123 11-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Comparing the revisions 1.4 and 1.5 I can at least notice one difference. The 1.4er board switched on/off background light in visibly one step to prefered orange scheme. The 1.5er board performs a intermediate step of about 1 second blue scheme for switching on/off the orange coloured background light.

#765  Chilipops 11-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Quote micha123
It was the same Samsung 1,55A charger I used before. But I tried out outher chargers and USB cables to make sure.

You probably want to charge your Mars with only a 1.0A charger. In my original packaging there was a note card indicating NOT to use USB chargers with more than a 1.0A rating. Somewhere (maybe in this thread) I have also read posts where people bricked their Mars reader when using USB chargers that are capable of more than 1.0A.

#766  Sasha1968 11-15-2019, 08:39 PM
What is heard about the new firmware for Mars?

#767  mbrisco 11-16-2019, 05:05 AM
Quote StaticChromatic
Thanks! I'll also post my response from another thread, in case it helps anyone here:

So, I think I've found the culprit. It seems that certain services (location, certain apps, etc.) ping the CPU pretty often when turned on, even with WiFi off. Everything off, with Greenify forcing all apps to hibernate (and the device to enter "doze mode"), in battery saving mode, I reduced the overnight charge from 35% to 1%. That's without the device's "auto-shutdown", which Boyue recommended having on (but I didn't like having to boot up my device each time to use it).

I'm not sure if this was a software problem on Boyue's side, but with many of their default Android settings on, the battery drain was massive. Luckily, with some tweaks, it's greatly increased.

I've also been speaking with some devs at Boyue on how to better improve the battery life via slowing down the CPU, so hopefully it will be further improved in a later update. Their customer service has been very helpful so I'm hopeful
Just wanted to ask if you would enlighten us about these Greenify settings. I find myself in the same situation and not sure what to enable and whatnot in Greenify on a Likebook.

#768  Ivan Pavlov 12-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Does anybody else have the same issues with uneven lighting, especially with warm light at low settings?

show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »show attachment »

#769  urbie 12-29-2019, 10:51 AM
I read at "Good E-reader" that all Likebook readers are eligible to receive Android 8.0

https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-ereader-news/boyue-likebook-mars-will-receive-android-8-soon

#770  urbie 12-29-2019, 10:56 AM
Deleted

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (77/78)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register