Mobileread
e-book availability -comics
#1  techie42 05-17-2010, 02:04 PM
When I was a kid I used to read Peanuts cartoons in paper back form. Those book formats would be great on Kobo even as PDF files. But, nowa days I only ever see this type of cartoons in very large book formats.

Have any of you seen comic collections in paper back format available in ebook format?

My kid's manga all seems to be available like this. She wants to be able to buy Manga online and read it on my Kobo. (But, I think that if that happens I will have to get a second Kobo.)

#2  CoopersTroopers 05-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Kobo directly mentions reading manga on the device in their product pages. Only manga I've been able to find for it those is a few girly titles on the Toronto Public Library site. Would be interested to find more...

#3  techie42 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote CoopersTroopers
Kobo directly mentions reading manga on the device in their product pages. Only manga I've been able to find for it those is a few girly titles on the Toronto Public Library site. Would be interested to find more...
I'll check it out. Girly Manga is good for my kid. She is 14.

#4  mrkarl 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I've seen the complete collection in cbr format, not sure if the kobo can read these though

http://www.ioffer.com/c/Comics-1003461/comic+dvd.....I've never bought here and I've no idea if he's legit.

#5  techie42 05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote mrkarl
I've seen the complete collection in cbr format, not sure if the kobo can read these though

http://www.ioffer.com/c/Comics-1003461/comic+dvd.....I've never bought here and I've no idea if he's legit.
broken link?

"Sorry, no items were found containing: comic dvd.....I've"

#6  techie42 05-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote CoopersTroopers
... Only manga I've been able to find for it those is a few girly titles on the Toronto Public Library site. ...
Got a link? I did not see anything at all (manga wise) at the TPL web site.

#7  Dinodoc 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.ioffer.com/c/Comics-1003461/comic+dvd I think this is the lin the poster was trying for, they inadvertantly got the ....I've linked in which is why it didn't work. I removed that from the end of the link and it worked fine.

#8  mrkarl 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM
oops, guess I should have checked the link after posting....my bad.....but yeah, there's stuff like that all over

#9  CoopersTroopers 05-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote techie42
Got a link? I did not see anything at all (manga wise) at the TPL web site.
You have to go to TPL's OverDrive site if you hadn't already figured that out. OverDrive is horribly organized and difficult to wade through however. I stumbled upon them when one of the books was listed in a new collection list, but I can't find it there anymore.

There isn't a ton on there, but easiest way to get to what I know is there is to do an Advanced Search. Filter by:

#10  DaleDe 05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
There are also tools to convert CBR and CBZ files to ePUB and PDF. Check the wiki.

Dale

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register