Mobileread
Looking for a spooky space/alien series
#1  HLS 09-19-2019, 09:44 PM
My ultimate favorite books are Arthur C Clarke Odassay Series and Time Series! I am looking for something on that level of awe, wonder, amazement, and spookiness! Preferably by an established known author. Thanks.

#2  ZodWallop 09-20-2019, 04:43 PM
Quote HLS
My ultimate favorite books are Arthur C Clarke Odassay Series and Time Series! I am looking for something on that level of awe, wonder, amazement, and spookiness! Preferably by an established known author. Thanks.
A similar author that I enjoy very much is Stephen Baxter, who I guess you know about since he co-authored the Time Odyssey books with Clarke.

I enjoyed Titan, a novel about the discovery of life on Saturn's moon, Titan. Be warned though, the book can be depressing. Baxter doesn't shy away from just how dangerous space travel would be. (Hey, it's on sale for $1.99 right now!)

I also remember enjoying Manifold: Time. But it's been so long memories are sketchy. Baxter is the closest I've found in style to Clarke.

Besides Stephen Baxter, I also enjoyed Alistair Reynold's Pushing Ice. A crew of a spaceship that mines comets are ordered to follow Saturn's moon Janus when it inexplicably leaves orbit.

#3  Angst 09-23-2019, 03:50 PM
A fire upon the deep --Vernor Vinge

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register