Mobileread
32 and 64bit: Can I uninstall one?
#1  GarryB123 09-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Hi, I searched but wasn't able to find an answer that alleviated my questions.

I have both 32 and 64bit calibre installed. Can I delete the 32bit version and not affect the book data the 64bit program uses? I use RevoUnistaller so can control the additional install routine beyond the basic installer.

If I can uninstall the 32bit version is there something I should back up first in case something goes wrong? I really don't won't to lose book data.

Thanks a lot for any help.

#2  BetterRed 09-16-2019, 09:13 PM
Quote GarryB123
Hi, I searched but wasn't able to find an answer that alleviated my questions.

I have both 32 and 64bit calibre installed. Can I delete the 32bit version and not affect the book data the 64bit program uses? I use RevoUnistaller so can control the additional install routine beyond the basic installer.

If I can uninstall the 32bit version is there something I should back up first in case something goes wrong? I really don't won't to lose book data.

Thanks a lot for any help.
If you uninstall the 32bit (or the 64bit, or both) with Windows it will leave your settings and libraries as is. I've done it dozens of times.

I don't use Revo these days, but when I did I recall it could hunt down anything that smelt like the product being uninstalled and delete it - if you used that Revo feature you might lose your settings and libraries.

If in doubt backup your data - including the calibre folder in %APPDATA%, which is where calibre's global preferences are stored.

BR

#3  kovidgoyal 09-16-2019, 09:25 PM
Uninstalling calibre does not touch any of your settings/books/plugins. It only removes program files.

#4  GarryB123 09-18-2019, 04:40 PM
Thank you (in order of response) BetterRed and kovidgoyal. I'm sorry for the late reply; I need to look in forum settings for e-mail notification when someone pots a reply.

I will backup and delete the 32bit instance.

Best regards!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register