Mobileread
Favorite place to read....
#1  Tony1988 07-30-2019, 05:47 PM
What is your absolutely one favorite place to take your ereader and read??? I like reading at my old college library.....

#2  Sirtel 07-30-2019, 06:18 PM
I read at home, on my sofa. Exclusively.

Well, I don't particularly like to go out and socialize at all. I'm pretty reclusive. When I do go out, I usually do so late in the evening, to meet as few people as possible.

#3  CWatkinsNash 07-30-2019, 06:25 PM
In bed, when I'm at home. When I'm in Florida visiting my mom, we like to sit out in the carport and read there.

#4  Apache 07-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Any where that is comfortable. I will even read standing up, but I prefer to sit or lay.
Apache

#5  DNSB 07-30-2019, 07:03 PM
Quote Apache
Any where that is comfortable. I will even read standing up, but I prefer to sit or lay.
Apache
A person after my own heart.

#6  issybird 07-30-2019, 07:06 PM
I'm most likely to read in my recliner. I love to read at the beach or the lake I frequent. But my favorite place to read is wherever I can read right now.

OTOH, I can state definitively that my favorite place to listen to an audiobook is while I'm swimming in the aforementioned lake. Bliss.

#7  pwalker8 07-31-2019, 08:42 AM
One can approach that question from a couple of different directions, where do I normally read and what was my favorite reading experience.

I read anywhere and everywhere, at home, in restaurants, standing in line, in airplanes, at sporting events waiting for the action to start, in a tent at night backpacking, just not in cars (I get car sick when I try to read in a car, not a problem in a plane. What can I say, I'm odd). Most of the time, I read at home in my easy chair.

My favorite reading experience was sitting in camp on Sapaleo Island. Lovely place, quiet. I would carry 10 or more books with me and read most of them. Once ebooks came out, life was a lot easier, though I did have to recharge my PRS-500 every night. My hiking group spend a long weekend/week on one of the Georgia barrier islands (Cumberland and Sapaleo) every year for over a decade.

#8  theducks 07-31-2019, 10:12 AM
#1) Quiet (no people type activity. Soft music is fine)
#2) A place to slouch while I read. That is usually a 'Recliner or a bed (slouching in a standard chair kills my back real fast )

#9  ElspethB 07-31-2019, 11:08 AM
My absolute favorite place in the world to read is while reclining on the lounge chair on the deck of my mom's house in Maine, with my mom also reading in the chair next to me. Periodically, we'll stop and read a funny passage aloud to each other or take a break to watch the hummingbirds dart around the feeder. Sadly, I only get to experience this reading location for one or at most two weeks a year. The rest of the time, I read in the recliner in our living room or in bed before sleeping.

#10  haertig 07-31-2019, 11:45 PM
My favorite place to read is sitting in my "zero gravity lounger" semi-reclined on a sunny day up in a mountain campsite (car camping that is, I don't carry a lounger when backpacking!) My second favorite spot is that same lounger on my back deck (if the neighborhood kids and dogs are not out making noise).

But where I actually read the most is on the couch in my den.

My least favorite place to read is at the ice hockey rink waiting for my wife and son to get out of the locker room after a game. The place is so noisy. I wear hearing protectors. And when even those don't work, I switch to noise isolating large headphones plugging into my mp3 player, playing brown noise (white noise is too harsh, lower frequency brown noise is much more soothing). Usually that will drown everything out, so I can finally read in peace.

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register