Mobileread
e-Book Tools - a Word add-in
#721  Toxaris 07-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Quote BetterRed
Its the changes MS make to Windows or more likely Word.

I had a horror stretch with Dialogue Checking for a while, Word would wedge half way though and other programs (Firefox, Chrome, Sigil, Audacity, Shotcut... ) would just die while it was doing its thing - always when it was searching upwards - and it Besodded Windows once or twice.

Seems to have settled down over the last few weeks - tree hug

BR
Yes, they make undocumented changes all the time. Especially the Search and Replace functions are changed a lot, causing all kinds of issue. It makes beta testing also really hard... It seems to slow down indeed.

#722  lumpynose 07-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Quote Toxaris
Nope, not even near. Sigil is not a word processor. Some functionality could be build into Sigil, but not all. Different use-case.
Yeah, I agree. I was thinking of the "check" things; sorry I wasn't clear about that.

#723  Hitch 07-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Quote lumpynose
Yeah, I agree. I was thinking of the "check" things; sorry I wasn't clear about that.
Yeah, no--that's why I use this first. I prefer to put my stuff into Sigil already cleaned, using Sigil as the last step, which saves me all the brain-damage of building an OPF, NCX/Landmarks, breaking it into chapters/HTML files, etc. And packaging, of course.

Hitch

#724  lumpynose 07-21-2019, 02:23 PM
Quote Hitch
Yeah, no--that's why I use this first. I prefer to put my stuff into Sigil already cleaned, using Sigil as the last step, which saves me all the brain-damage of building an OPF, NCX/Landmarks, breaking it into chapters/HTML files, etc. And packaging, of course.

Hitch
If I had Word I would but I haven't installed it in decades. I haven't had any need for it and it's (or was) so invasive installing all sorts of crap. (Remember Clippy, Cortana's ancestor?)

#725  Hitch 07-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Quote lumpynose
If I had Word I would but I haven't installed it in decades. I haven't had any need for it and it's (or was) so invasive installing all sorts of crap. (Remember Clippy, Cortana's ancestor?)
Oh, well. I've never had any problems with Word installing "all sorts of crap," myself ...Cortana and Clippy have nothing to do with Word, really; they have to do with MS Windows.

But, that's your call--to each their own. You can use clips in Sigil or any other decent HTML editor to do the same thing--I used to do mine in NoteTAB Pro, (which has a fantastic clip functionality and library) before Toxaris came up with his splended Word plugin.

Hitch

#726  BetterRed 09-16-2019, 10:12 PM
Suggestion : incorporate the proselint writing style checker ==>> proselint, in a similar manner as Doitsu has it in his Sigil plugin.

It overlaps with Word's Style checking rules, but its list presentation and hints are a significant improvement over what Word provides.

added: And on large documents I am getting Dialogue Check glitches - as reported previously by myself, Tex2002ans, and others - damn you MS.

BR

#727  Hitch 09-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Quote BetterRed
Suggestion : incorporate the proselint writing style checker ==>> proselint, in a similar manner as Doitsu has it in his Sigil plugin.

It overlaps with Word's Style checking rules, but its list presentation and hints are a significant improvement over what Word provides.

added: And on large documents I am getting Dialogue Check glitches - as reported previously by myself, Tex2002ans, and others - damn you MS.

BR
BTW, Tox:

I meant to add, you know that weirdness I have with the settings box being completely blank? So too does Tex2002ans. It's not just me.

Hitch

#728  BetterRed 09-17-2019, 05:43 AM
Quote Hitch
BTW, Tox:

I meant to add, you know that weirdness I have with the settings box being completely blank? So too does Tex2002ans. It's not just me.

Hitch
Never seen that one - which version of Word are you guys on, I skipped some?

psst: In Word, have you ever tried click'n File->Feedback->Send a Suggestion, here it starts Notepad++, ditto Excel, but not Outlook - go figure

BR

« First  « Prev   (73/73)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register