Mobileread
e-Book Tools - a Word add-in
#11  JSWolf 05-17-2013, 09:21 PM
This sounds like a very nice add-in. Well done Toxaris!

#12  Hitch 05-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote JSWolf
The PDF works fine in Firefox. I gave up Chrome when I found out how not as good as Firefox it really is.
I gave up Firefox when I had to reboot daily due to the seriously excessive memory leaks and endless errors, not to mention all the glitches with whatever it last was, Flash Player or what-have-you. I don't shut down my computer every day. If you do, Firefox is fine; but if you don't, it's a serious memory leech.

H

#13  Toxaris 05-18-2013, 02:03 AM
If the internal PDF viewer of Chrome is used, I can replicate this. I changed the viewer to Adobe and then it does work.
It can be changed by going to the following page: chrome://plugins

Otherwise is can be downloaded of course...

#14  Hitch 05-18-2013, 04:27 AM
Quote Toxaris
If the internal PDF viewer of Chrome is used, I can replicate this. I changed the viewer to Adobe and then it does work.
It can be changed by going to the following page: chrome://plugins

Otherwise is can be downloaded of course...
Oh, I have it, no problem. I wasn't reporting the issue for me; just thought you'd like to know that Chrome seemed to have an issue with it. ;-)

Hitch

#15  PageLab 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks for this, Toxaris!

#16  Start 05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Thank you very much!

I cannot download Manual: Manual EPUBTools (691.3 KB) - It opens a grey page only.

#17  Toxaris 05-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Right-click on it enables you to download. I assume you use Chrome. There is an issue with the PDF reader from Adobe that is built in. See the previous page.

#18  PeterT 05-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote Toxaris
Right-click on it enables you to download. I assume you use Chrome. There is an issue with the PDF reader from Adobe that is built in. See the previous page.
Actually I think one could say there is an issue with how your site is serving up the material. It appears to be using a script of some type to manage the download; even a right click | save wants to save the file as "download" of type "htm" and saves nothing but a zero byte file.

#19  Toxaris 05-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Hmm, yes. The right-click doesn't work for me either. Then again, I can open the pdf by clicking on it. I will look into it however.

*update* I changed it now. It should always download now.

#20  Toxaris 05-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Version 1.2.4 is on the site. I added a chunk of code to handle textframes in Word. That was quite a challenge actually. Now in the first step of the preparation phase you can check and correct all textframes. This is required, since textframes will not be converted to HTML (and ePUB) so the text inside of them will be gone.

Also some other small fixes.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/73)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register