Mobileread
Anyone read Lee Childs?
#1  JerseyBiker 06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
On a B&N blog on my Nook, author Lee Child was mentioned. I checked on B&N and found he has quite a few books that seem like they may be decent. Most are part of the Jack Reacher series. Anyone have an opinion of the series and which are the better choices? Thanks.

~eddie

#2  MickeyC 06-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I've read all of the Jack Reacher series and have really like every one. Start with the first one and read them in order. You will not be disappointed!

#3  Stitchawl 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll second what Cassidy said. I've read and re-read ALL of Lee Child's books. The 'Reacher' series is a total page turner from cover to cover, first book to last. Not quite as 'deep' as Sandford's "Prey" series (much more characterization in those as there are simply more characters) but every bit as entertaining. As suggested, try to read the 'Reacher' series in order if you can. While they will each stand on their own, there is a continuity to them that adds to the story lines.

Stitchawl

#4  lestatar 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
+3. Lee Child is one of the best current thriller writers out there. The Reacher series reminds me of Sandford's Prey series, in terms of its compulsive page-turnability.

Jack Reacher is the epitome of the strong, silent, deadly.

#5  FatDog 06-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Also check out Jack DuBrul. Series of books about a mining engineer who gets involved in world-class plots.

In one episode he is staying at the Luxor in Las Vegas and assassins are outside his room. He escapes by breaking a window and wetting a bedsheet and dragging it behind him as he slides down the glass pyramid.

I was staying at the Luxor a few weeks ago and I was eyeing the outside and my wife gave me "the look" that ment "Dont even think about it Mister."

#6  Penforhire 06-07-2011, 11:32 PM
+4 I've also read the entire Reacher series. Some where better than others but no reason to skip any.

#7  amward 06-08-2011, 03:34 AM
My husband just loves the Jack Reacher series, but I'm not so keen.

#8  Stitchawl 06-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Quote amward
My husband just loves the Jack Reacher series, but I'm not so keen.
It's a 'guy' thing. Reacher is definitely NOT 'chick-lit.'

Stitchawl

#9  lestatar 06-08-2011, 03:45 AM
^ For the most part, true! But I do know a few femmes who go crazy for Mr. Reacher.

#10  Stitchawl 06-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote lestatar
^ For the most part, true! But I do know a few femmes who go crazy for Mr. Reacher.

I can imagine.

Stitchawl

Next »  Last »  (1/18)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register