Mobileread
Book Uploads Posting Guidelines
#11  hapax legomenon 09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Great. I'll be uploading soon!

Here's another question.

I'll be hosting the ebook anthology on several sites, although this will probably be the first place I upload it to.

Is there any way to gauge the number of downloads from a particular ebook (for mobipocket vs. lrf, for example).

#12  RWood 09-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Quote hapax legomenon
Is there any way to gauge the number of downloads from a particular ebook (for mobipocket vs. lrf, for example).
Yes, next to each downloadable file icon there is a counter indicating how many times that file has been downloaded. Here is an example (of Harry's Sherlock Holmes Omnibus) that shows how many times each version has been downloaded.

We always put the download in the first post of the thread to keep people from having to search the whole thread. When new versions are created they can either be added as it was in this case or the old one can be deleted and the new one added. When it is deleted most times the poster will add a note as to how many times the prior version(s) have been downloaded.

I hope this helps.

#13  RosanaE 01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I noticed that most of the books uploaded have the title of the thread (book info) in bold. How is that done?

#14  Patricia 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Quote RosanaE
I noticed that most of the books uploaded have the title of the thread (book info) in bold. How is that done?
It's automatic. The thread title is in bold if you haven't opened the thread. It is not when you have already looked at it

#15  curtw 01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
HarryT,

Would it be OK to post a file here in Adobe PDF if I specifically re-format it for the Sony Reader screen size? I would like to put the 1913 Webster's Dictionary on my Reader, and it's going to be a lot easier to build a linked index on page 1 using Acrobat than it would be in any other tool. Also with Acrobat, I can tell exactly how many pages it will be while it's still on the PC, and I can set up a link for every 10th "Reader" page.

would that be permissible?

#16  Patricia 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Until Harry gives you a definitive ruling, my opinion would be that the work would be better posted in the 'Other books' section. Many of the e-ink readers have screens the same size as the Sony PRS 500/505 and their owners would be more likely to find it there, and then benefit from your efforts.

#17  curtw 01-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Aha. I should have thought of that.

#18  HarryT 01-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Yes, please post in "other formats" because, as Patricia says, it's equally applicable to the CyBook Gen3, for example.

#19  Mike's Place 02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I've got a copyright question, Harry. I've downloaded a group of freely distributed PDF's on a number of math topics. Take 'combinatorics', 'topology' or 'analysis' as examples. As long as the authors have allowed the material to be freely distributed (not for profit) may I upload them here?

Mike

#20  HarryT 02-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Yes, that's fine. If they're PDFs, please upload them to the "Other Formats" section; this section is specifically for BBeB format files.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register