Mobileread
Likebook Alita
#441  parkher 11-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Quote HumbleDumbbell
It didn't move any apps to sd in my case, probably because I don't have any movable apps installed. So everything is perfect now
It didn't move any apps to the sd card, but it still took about 25 minutes?

#442  HumbleDumbbell 11-19-2020, 10:00 PM
Quote parkher
It didn't move any apps to the sd card, but it still took about 25 minutes?
I had a bunch of pdfs in there, 20gb worth of them. I guess that's what took the time.

#443  parkher 11-20-2020, 06:17 AM
Quote HumbleDumbbell
I had a bunch of pdfs in there, 20gb worth of them. I guess that's what took the time.
This part is not fully clear to me yet.
I thought that this internal card storage is initiated by moving apps, and before (or rather unless) you move apps (answer YES), you cannot access it, so you can't move there your pdf files.
I thought it took about 25 minutes after you answered YES to move apps.
I just see that something else happened.

#444  ottischwenk 11-20-2020, 07:02 AM
Quote parkher
This part is not fully clear to me yet.
What is not clear?
I thought that this internal card storage is initiated by moving apps, and before (or rather unless) you move apps (answer YES), you cannot access it, so you can't move there your pdf files.
If you answered yes, the card was integrated and the inventory was moved from the internal flash to the SD card.
I thought it took about 25 minutes after you answered YES to move apps.
I just see that something else happened.
The moveable content has been moved, including 20 GB pdf files

#445  parkher 11-20-2020, 07:22 AM
So, if you have 20 GB of pdf file in the internal storage, they are also moved to the sd card when you answer YES, not just apps.
Or rather, in this case, no apps were moved (because they happened to be unmovable?) but the pdf files were moved.

#446  HumbleDumbbell 11-20-2020, 07:41 PM
Quote parkher
So, if you have 20 GB of pdf file in the internal storage, they are also moved to the sd card when you answer YES, not just apps.
Or rather, in this case, no apps were moved (because they happened to be unmovable?) but the pdf files were moved.
Yes, exactly. I don't believe it specifically says it will move apps there, although I don't remember. Whatever it moves, in my case, it was only the pdfs along with a bunch of other folders like bluetooth. I did have a few apps installed from PlayStore (lie One Drive and Pcloud), but none of them were moved apparently.

#447  Merithyn 11-28-2020, 07:41 PM
Alita with 8.1 is a lot snappier. Apps like Tachiyomi are faster and the android boots up really fast now.

I have one question. I have trouble transferring my files from PC to my external card on my Alita (it's formatted as external storage). On Alita it defaults to file transfer option.

It works until it works. Then it fails with one random file (usually bigger manga files) and doesn't want to copy that file anymore and it's driving me crazy. I cannot delete it or copy it again. It's just unresponsive. The copying fails with just a windows beep and not even an error message. I can still browse the files and directories...

is it maybe the card or have someone similar problems?

#448  ottischwenk 11-29-2020, 12:58 AM
Quote Merithyn
Alita with 8.1 is a lot snappier. Apps like Tachiyomi are faster and the android boots up really fast now.

I have one question. I have trouble transferring my files from PC to my external card on my Alita (it's formatted as external storage). On Alita it defaults to file transfer option.

It works until it works. Then it fails with one random file (usually bigger manga files) and doesn't want to copy that file anymore and it's driving me crazy. I cannot delete it or copy it again. It's just unresponsive. The copying fails with just a windows beep and not even an error message. I can still browse the files and directories...

is it maybe the card or have someone similar problems?
What file system does the card have?
With FAT32 the limit is around 12,000 per folder.
SD cards also become defective after a certain number of deletions.

#449  Merithyn 11-29-2020, 05:39 AM
It says Generic Hierarchical. The same as internal storage. I didn't even fill it once yet so no actual deletes jet. 128gb card with 33gb free space. There is a lot of files and folders in one folder but probably nothing near 12.000.

#450  ottischwenk 11-30-2020, 01:42 AM
Quote Merithyn
It says Generic Hierarchical. The same as internal storage.
This isnt possible.
I didn't even fill it once yet so no actual deletes jet. 128gb card with 33gb free space. There is a lot of files and folders in one folder but probably nothing near 12.000.
Then I'm afraid it is defective.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (45/49)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register