Mobileread
Spoilers in epub book
#11  styler001 10-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Cool. I set up a few bookmarks in Word to test it. The Ice Cream reader I use on my laptop went to the bookmark, but it doesn't have a "back" option. I'll have to try it on Google's reader.

As simple as starting a new page, pasting the translated text to that page, highlighting the text (or some of it) and making a bookmark, then linking within the document to the bookmark. Doesn't look like there's any kind of http:// to be replaced this way.

Thanks.

#12  Quoth 10-05-2019, 02:55 PM
If the note is only used in one place:
1) Make an anchor at start of paragraph* at place where link to note is.
2) Add the text < Back at the end of the note and link it to paragraph Anchor.

In MS Word you can set an anchor inside a paragraph, or even to a selection. That causes errors in Save As "HTML", or import to ODT in Writer or upload to Amazon or eBook creation tools. An ebook (mobi, AZW, epub) etc is internally very like a webpage, properly an Anchor is only at the start of a paragraph, which is often a styled heading, but any bodytext paragraph can have an anchor (what wordprocessors call bookmarks).

You can use the same techniques in HTML view of any Website CMS editor, in which case links to an anchor on a different page have a relative or full path prefixed with # instead of HTTP:// (or HTTPS://)

#13  styler001 10-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Thanks. This gives me more options to look at and try.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register