Mobileread
Notes of Kindle document
#1  nothing384763284 09-17-2022, 04:06 AM
I sent a document (epub) to my Kindle and while reading I took some notes. Now I want to work on those notes on my PC, so I'm looking for a way to show the epub with the notes. But all I found so far is, I can copy My Clippings.txt from my Kindle, which contains all notes. That's a first step, but I don't want just a plain list, instead I want to display it together with the original document on my PC.

Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance.

#2  tomsem 09-17-2022, 10:32 PM
You can use Kindle app for iOS or Android to see the notes. The desktop apps don't sync personal documents.

There are various ways to run Android apps on Windows.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-run-android-apps-in-windows-11

#3  jhowell 09-18-2022, 09:08 AM
Quote tomsem
The desktop apps don't sync personal documents.
That used to be true, however the latest version of Kindle for PC (1.38.0) does support personal documents synced with your account. If you open a doc and click on the Notebook button it will list your annotations. That will let you see the original document along with notes on your PC.

But that won't get the annotations integrated with the original EPUB. There is no way to do that as far as I know.

#4  tomsem 09-18-2022, 11:36 AM
Quote jhowell
That used to be true, however the latest version of Kindle for PC (1.38.0) does support personal documents synced with your account. If you open a doc and click on the Notebook button it will list your annotations. That will let you see the original document along with notes on your PC.

But that won't get the annotations integrated with the original EPUB. There is no way to do that as far as I know.
Thanks for the correction. I rarely use the desktop apps and didn't notice this relatively recent change.

There is a Draft Specification for Open Annotation in ePub, but as far as I can tell, nobody has implemented it:

https://idpf.org/epub/oa/epub-oa-20150723.html

#5  nothing384763284 09-19-2022, 02:28 AM
Thanks for your responses. I will try the android version on windows. Never thought of that. Thanks!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register