Mobileread
What type of Kindle I have?
#1  EranB 09-16-2022, 02:35 AM
My current Kindle is
Kindle Paperwhite E-reader (7th Generation, 2015 release) - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi, Ad-Supported
Is it PW4 or 5?
Is it considered Standard or Paperwhite model?

Amazon offers me to trade it in for a new Kindle @ 20% + $25 Gift Card.
Shall I take it?

#2  rcentros 09-16-2022, 05:05 AM
Quote EranB
My current Kindle is
Kindle Paperwhite E-reader (7th Generation, 2015 release) - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi, Ad-Supported
Is it PW4 or 5?
Is it considered Standard or Paperwhite model?

Amazon offers me to trade it in for a new Kindle @ 20% + $25 Gift Card.
Shall I take it?
The 7th Generation Paperwhite is a PW3. The PW4 has a flush screen. The PW 5 is the new 6.8" one.

If it's from 2015 and has a 300 dpi screen, it's definitely the Paperwhite, not the Kindle Basic (or "standard").

If you trade in your PW3 for the new Kindle Basic, you should be getting pretty much the same screen and the same lighting. What would be different is the new Kindle Basic is a little smaller and a little lighter, has a USB-C port instead of a USB-micro port, and has 16 GBs of RAM instead of 4 or 8 (I think the PW3 was originally 4 GBs but the later models had 8GB -- but I could be wrong about that). And also, if you battery is starting to wear down you'll a new battery and (possibly, "probably?") a faster CPU.

#3  Quoth 09-16-2022, 08:03 AM
Don't trade in.
Buy without that, a new Basic isn't an upgrade.

#4  theducks 09-16-2022, 10:21 AM
If you are handy, you can replace your battery with one from newpower99.com (they sell batteries for OTHER thing at Amazon, BUT not Kindles. You need to go direct. )
I refreshed the one in my K4nt.
they have online tutorials for specific models that you can watch to see if you will be comfortable before you buy

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register