Mobileread
Tools Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks
#11  CrazyCoder 11-21-2013, 05:10 AM
USBNetwork doesn't seem to work on my jailbroken PW2, works perfectly on PW1 with the same configuration.

I'm using WiFi only config with ssh keys and automatic start, but the process is probably not started at all. ;un in the search bar also has no effect, toggling via KUAL has no effect too.

Log from KAUL:
Code
/tmp/klauncher_background-63134.sh: line 2: ./bin/usbnet.sh: Permission denied

#12  NiLuJe 11-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Known "issue". Needs the updated bridge / jb. Will release when I get back home.

Affects nearly everything, not just USBNet.

EDIT : In the meantime, people on irc might be able to steer you in the right direction.

#13  knc1 11-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote NiLuJe
Known "issue". Needs the updated bridge / jb. Will release when I get back home.

Affects nearly everything, not just USBNet.

EDIT : In the meantime, people on irc might be able to steer you in the right direction.
I have to admit -
I forgot to mention that 'undocumented' change in the process at the time they where testing the JB also.

(Well, unpublished on this site anyway).

#14  NiLuJe 11-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Just updated the snapshots. Now support the PW2 3G EU.

The pw2 install packages have been forked to their own dedicated .bin, and now use new binaries tailored to the PW2's new CPU.

Also did some weird crap with USBNet, hopefully it should work properly on the PW2 now, or at least in a slightly less braindead manner.

#15  ameho 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote NiLuJe
Just updated the snapshots. Now support the PW2 3G EU.

The pw2 install packages have been forked to their own dedicated .bin, and now use new binaries tailored to the PW2's new CPU.

Also did some weird crap with USBNet, hopefully it should work properly on the PW2 now, or at least in a slightly less braindead manner.
Yayness \ 0 / It works. Now I can connect to my PW2 WIFI JP through ssh

But the connection is quite erratic. I couldn't type any letters 2 minutes later

#16  NiLuJe 11-23-2013, 05:24 PM
AFAICT, SSH over WiFi is (notoriously?) unreliable w/ some networking hardware/setups.

#17  brianinmaine 11-25-2013, 12:50 AM
I can't test right now, but I also have it time-out a lot. I will have to test a keep-alive setup to see if that is better?:
http://www.symkat.com/ssh-tips-and-tricks-you-need

#18  knc1 11-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote brianinmaine
I can't test right now, but I also have it time-out a lot. I will have to test a keep-alive setup to see if that is better?:
http://www.symkat.com/ssh-tips-and-tricks-you-need
And if I may quote that final paragraph:
The con is that if your connection drops and a KeepAlive packet is sent, SSH will disconnect you. If that becomes a problem, you can always actually fix the Internet connection.

#19  brianinmaine 11-26-2013, 02:36 AM
Oh, well. I usually just usb connect anyway. Just a thought - maybe turn off the screensaver right away on wifi ssh connection? Think that would help?

#20  knc1 11-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote brianinmaine
Oh, well. I usually just usb connect anyway. Just a thought - maybe turn off the screensaver right away on wifi ssh connection? Think that would help?
Ah, so -

Keeping the USB cable connected, keeps the processor from shutting down completely.
It may enter a very low power state, but never "clocks stopped".

So keep the USB cable under power, even if not using it for anything else.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/107)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register