Mobileread
MobileRead June 2009 Book Club Vote
#1  JSWolf 06-01-2009, 10:04 AM
The voting will run through Friday June 5th, 2009.

These are the eBooks we are going to be voting on.
To see the descriptions of these eBooks, please browse the following thread... http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47730

#2  JSWolf 06-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I do think we have an interesting mix of eBooks for June. June is going to be good for we'll have a good one.

#3  ficbot 06-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I voted for The Moonstone. I adore Wuthering Heights, it is one of my favourite novels ever, but I in the end decided to vote for something I have not yet read.

#4  HarryT 06-02-2009, 02:22 AM
I'd like to encourage people to vote for "King Solomon's Mines". If you thought that "thrillers" were a "modern" phenomenon, this book will make you think again - it's on a par with anything that Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum wrote. It is also the first of Rider Haggard's books to feature "Alan Quatermain", who appears in a dozen or so of Haggard's other books, so this is a very useful "introduction" if you plan to read more of his books.

If you choose this book, you won't regret it, I guarantee it! .

#5  Laine 06-02-2009, 04:35 AM
I've read all of these books so I voted for King Solomon's Mines just for you, Harry.

I remember my mother buying me Nada the Lily when I was at school. It was one of a collection including What Katy Did and The Black Arrow. I've read several more Rider Haggard books since then and enjoyed them all.

#6  Moe The Cat 06-02-2009, 09:18 AM
King Solomon's Mines for me. And, it's available in a nicely formatted Mobipocket or Sony LRF edition in Harry T's H. Rider Haggard Anthology, Volume 1.

#7  chlorine 06-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Wait wait wait, there's a blatant irregularity with this poll!
I just noticed that Wuthering Heights is the only title appearing in italics. Surely this is some scheme to influence people to vote for other books, and we must start the poll again!

Well, I downloaded and started Wuthering Heights anyway, I'll switch to King Solomon's Mines later.

#8  ruth1304 06-06-2009, 05:12 AM
The one you voted for appears in italics - it's not an irregularity, it's a helpful feature for those with bad memories

I've downloaded several of the books. I want to read all of them so I'm going to see how many I can get through in a month!

#9  chlorine 06-06-2009, 05:41 AM

How stupid of me. Well at least it shows my memory's all right, as I can remember which book I voted for.

Thanks for the explanation.

#10  HarryT 06-06-2009, 11:57 AM
... and King Solomon's Mines wins by a landslide!

Download links:

Sony Version
Mobi Version

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register