Mobileread
Copy Ebooks from PC to IPad using Marvin/Calibre
#11  Mtnguy321 04-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Google Drive also works well

#12  howyoudoin 06-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Quote pwalker8
The other way is to tell Calibre to share as a content server and download them via the OPDS option in Marvin.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.

#13  peaceridge 06-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Just remember that if you have your books on a cloud server, you have to connect to the internet to download them to your ipad. Those of us with limited data plans don't have that luxury!

#14  ilovejedd 06-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Quote peaceridge
Just remember that if you have your books on a cloud server, you have to connect to the internet to download them to your ipad. Those of us with limited data plans don't have that luxury!
Depends on the limit and what type of books you download. Most of my books are 1MB or less so even if I download 500 of those on cellular, that's still well below the 20GB monthly limit on our family plan.

My actual ebook downloads over cellular are much less than 500MB per month. It's probably actually lower than 100MB.

#15  HarryT 06-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Quote peaceridge
How many books do you typically read in a month? Ebooks tend to be fairly small files, generally under 1MB. Even if you read two books a week, that’s less than 8MB a month, which won’t put too much of a dent in even the most restrictive of data plans.

#16  peaceridge 06-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Quote HarryT
How many books do you typically read in a month? Ebooks tend to be fairly small files, generally under 1MB. Even if you read two books a week, that’s less than 8MB a month, which won’t put too much of a dent in even the most restrictive of data plans.
I usually read one ebook a day, but often have 20 or more partially read (depends on my mood which I want next). But, you guys have a point, maybe I'm being too cautious and worried about ebook sizes. Saying that, I'm often camping where there is no internet access, however I can adjust for that ahead of time. Thanks.

#17  ShellShock 06-15-2019, 05:10 AM
I download from DropBox too. In fact, I keep my Calibre library in DropBox, and this works very well for me. So: add new book to Calibre, the DropBox client automatically uploads it to the DropBox cloud. The new book is now available at any time for me to download to Marvin.

Warning: you have to be careful to make sure Calibre is not running before accessing the library in DropBox from elsewhere. This is OK for me because I only run Calibre to add new books to my library.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register