Mobileread
Kobo Bug thread
#1121  ps67 06-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Quote Ladyrixx
I've updated my Forma to the 4.15.12920 firmware, and the "getting stuck upside down" bug is back. Add to that a "Kobo keeps going to sleep at random times while I'm actively reading" bug
The "Kobo keeps going to sleep at random times while I'm actively reading" bug is present also on my KA1, and I don't remember when it is started.

I tought that was because of I did something wrong... No, it is really a bug.

#1122  SelbyL 06-20-2019, 02:26 AM
Apologies if reported already. I have a Kobo Aura (original) and updated it's too the latest firmware4.15.12920 . On turning the Kobo on from an off state the backlight defaults to on (1%) but the backlight icon is not present. Putting the Kobo to sleep in this state, backlight stays on. Is there a fix?

#1123  walterhenderson 06-22-2019, 12:47 PM
Quote terry.nz
I'm having a problem with this firmware version, just recently installed on my Kobo Glo. It's interesting that this firmware has supposedly fixed a backlight bug, as it's just created a backlight bug on my ereader.

Now when I turn it on the backlight appears to be operating, even though it was switched off when last powered down. What's even more surprising is that when clicking the backlight button it brightens slightly and it takes a second press to have it turn off again.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Terry
Yes, I'm having the exact same problem, also with a Kobo Glo. I noticed that the problem generally occurs when I turn off the device (putting it in sleep mode). Even if I have the backlight off when I'm reading during the day, the light turns on when the device is put to sleep. So, if you don't notice it right away, the light will stay on while the device is off, consuming battery.

#1124  FredMercury 06-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Latest software update says it has fixed this problem. Haven't checked yet. Thanks

#1125  Lucas Malor 06-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Hello all guys.

As you have noticed, I have no more time to dedicate to this thread.

I think the best solution is to move the first posts to the wiki, open another thread and close this one.

'Bye!

#1126  jpas 09-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Hi, i tried to search but nothing found... When i turn off my kobo forma and then i turn it on the book i'm reading starts from the beginning.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

#1127  davidfor 09-12-2019, 12:08 AM
Quote jpas
Hi, i tried to search but nothing found... When i turn off my kobo forma and then i turn it on the book i'm reading starts from the beginning.
Is there a fix for this?
That usually means the database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a recent backup of the database, the solution is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device. This will remove the database and prompt you to do the setup again. Then it will reimport all sideloaded books on the device. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status of all sideloaded books.

If it is only happening for some books, it might be a bug in firmware version 4.15.12920. This has a problem if any of the internal files in an epub are not in the ToC. If you close the book when in one of these chapters, it will reopen at the start of the book. And powering of will close the book. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next firmware release.

#1128  JSWolf 09-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Quote jpas
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks
If the database is not corrupt, the new 4.17.x firmware is now available to install. Here is the link for the thread on the new firmware.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323034

#1129  davidfor 09-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Quote JSWolf
If the database is not corrupt, the new 4.17.x firmware is now available to install. Here is the link for the thread on the new firmware.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323034
Which isn't going to help as the bug I referred to hasn't been fixed.

#1130  Mr.Bin 09-20-2019, 06:05 AM
Product: Kobo Aura ONE
Firmware: 4.12.xxxx - 4.17.xxxxx
Plugins: None
File types: epub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Long press the Chinese sentences, the screen flashed, but no annotate dialog popup.
Current result:
I found this issue between 4.12.x - 4.17.x, no matter which Chinese font is using. but English epub works well. Annotate works well on 4.7/8.xxx
Other versions have not been test.
Workaround:

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (113/115)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register