Mobileread
Writer2ePub bug reports
#11  eBookLuke 12-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote AlexBell
Is there a 'Writer2ePub for Dummies' how-to available anywhere?
Yes, here ---> image »

Once installed and restsrted OOo, you will find this toolbar:
image »

Just press the first icon on the left.
The second is for metadata insert
The last for some preferences.

Merry christmas!

Luke

#12  stasys 12-24-2010, 03:28 AM
1) there is no a real "author" field. This info is shared with the "creator" that is the owner of the Word/OOo application and the last modifier.
In meta.xml of odt file the line
meta:initial-creator>....</meta:initial-creator>
describes who is the book author.

#13  eBookLuke 12-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote stasys
In meta.xml of odt file the line
meta:initial-creator>....</meta:initial-creator>
describes who is the book author.
Yes, but this is the creator of the file, not the book's author.
I mean, if I create in .doc/.odt an ebook of Alice in Wonderland, by L.Carroll, I can put the title in the title field, but the author's filed will be filled with my name (or with the name I specify in the "owner's data" in Word/Writer preferences), and not with the name of L.Carroll…

Moreover, there is no simple way to change the creator.
If I want to create Alice's book, I need to:
1) replace my name in Word/Writer preferences with L.Carroll.
2) Create the file
3) write or paste the whole text
4) save the file
5) write back my name in the preferences.

This because the word processors are file-oriented, and not book-oriented…

Usually, people uses another editable field for author's name, but there is not a real standard.

Suggestions?

Luke

#14  stasys 12-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm using the part of Stingo macro to modify Author field in doc file (with Word 2003) - http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=23
So if one uses this macro, Author field contains "L.Carrol" or whatever you put there. Similar macro exists for OO as well. If I were you (and knew how to do good programming) I'd take what is meta:initial-creator>....</meta:initial-creator> and leave for people to modify this field in their files with additional macros.

#15  kiermel 12-25-2010, 10:00 AM
That's a cheat sheets I have for the OPF file into the ePub .

Code
<dc:title>Test Book</dc:title>
Add creator and author:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Jane Austen</dc:creator>
<dc:title>The Three Sisters</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Austen, Jane" opf:role="aut">Jane Austen</dc:creator>
<dc:subject>Science Fiction</dc:subject>
<dc:publisher>Kiermel</dc:publisher>
Change language to English OPF file to run the dictionary iPad.
<dc:language>es</dc:language>
<dc:language>en</dc:language>
Document Metadata Extraction
http://www.forensicswiki.org/wiki/Document_Metadata_Extraction

#16  weedfreak 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I have just updated from an earlier working version writer2epub to the latest one and cannot get it to work at all. Yes I restarted and got the toolbar to display but clicking any button gives an error about a scripting framework error the Basic script writer2epub could not be found. I could place the whole error message here if required but as I cannot cut'n'paste from Oo.org then I will have to type it all.

#17  eBookLuke 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote weedfreak
I have just updated from an earlier working version writer2epub to the latest one and cannot get it to work at all. Yes I restarted and got the toolbar to display but clicking any button gives an error about a scripting framework error the Basic script writer2epub could not be found. I could place the whole error message here if required but as I cannot cut'n'paste from Oo.org then I will have to type it all.
1) reboot OOo after installing W2E
2) please check that the full OOo package is installed (writer, draw, calc etc)

Luke

#18  weedfreak 01-05-2011, 04:57 AM
As stated in my post I had restarted OOo (several times) and I have got a full OOo install, at least I had enough components to run earlier versions of W2E.

As it still would not do anything but display the 3 buttons and an error message if I clicked them I checked my running processes and found another instance of OOo was running, probably a crashed instance from some months ago. I killed it and tried again.

I knew immediately that something was different as the three buttons for W2E were text buttons and not icons but I could load and convert my books.

#19  eBookLuke 01-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote weedfreak
As stated in my post I had restarted OOo (several times) and I have got a full OOo install, at least I had enough components to run earlier versions of W2E.

As it still would not do anything but display the 3 buttons and an error message if I clicked them I checked my running processes and found another instance of OOo was running, probably a crashed instance from some months ago. I killed it and tried again.

I knew immediately that something was different as the three buttons for W2E were text buttons and not icons but I could load and convert my books.
Try also to remove the extension and reinstall a fresh downloaded copy

Luke

#20  weedfreak 01-05-2011, 06:05 AM
I am not quite sure why you suggest reinstalling a new d/l of W2E. It is now working.
If you are suggesting a new install to replace the text buttons with icon ones then I will decline. I hate icons - text is easier to understand.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register