Mobileread
Graphics - Old Story...
#1  ThanosNaranja 10-04-2021, 11:51 PM
I write my own books in docx format and have an illustration at each chapter page above the chapter heading. all B&W, all of them inside the margins. Converting to epub ends up with some showing as designed and some that don't. The ones that don't just have an empty box on the page of sort of off to one side.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2  JSWolf 10-05-2021, 05:01 AM
Quote ThanosNaranja
I write my own books in docx format and have an illustration at each chapter page above the chapter heading. all B&W, all of them inside the margins. Converting to epub ends up with some showing as designed and some that don't. The ones that don't just have an empty box on the page of sort of off to one side.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Take the ePub and use either the Calibre eBook editor or Sigil to fix this. Most times,a conversion from Word will need to be cleaned up.

#3  ThanosNaranja 10-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Wow, thanx: great advice!

Edit mode 'Check' run results: This file is included in the book but not referred to by any document in the spine. This means that the file will not be viewable on most e-book readers. You should probably remove this file from the book or add a link to it somewhere.

Got to poking around in Edit mode and saw the File Browser section on the left hand side of the Edit Book Dialog and immediately saw :Invalid character in file name ('&') as in B & W - Sunny Day.jpg

Fixed the filenames - changed out the graphics - problem gone. I should have known better too!

Thank you for your help. ("It's old geniuses like us that make the world go round")

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register