Mobileread
New Kobo Covers by Roots
#1  Zac 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Chapters/Indigo have unveiled covers for the tho Kobo. Five colours are available for $29.95 Cdn.

Red, Turquoise, Mikonos Blue, Black, and Orange

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/kobo-accessories/kobo_accessories-giz.html?colour=1

I bought the blue and should have it by the 24th.

#2  Bittybye 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote Zac
Chapters/Indigo have unveiled covers for the tho Kobo. Five colours are available for $29.95 Cdn.

Red, Turquoise, Mikonos Blue, Black, and Orange

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/kobo-accessories/kobo_accessories-giz.html?colour=1

I bought the blue and should have it by the 24th.
When you get it, could you tell us how good the case is? I'm hoping that it will be nice and stiff to protect it when I have it in my purse.

Also, anyone have any idea when the skins will come out? They say more accessories are coming "soon" but who knows how long 'soon' is.

#3  ava0775 05-17-2010, 08:42 PM
While I don't have one, I checked one out in the store the other day. It's not stiff at all. It's pebbled leather with a bit of perhaps neoprene inside. There is some padding but not much.

#4  matrixsoul 05-18-2010, 07:51 AM
I have the orange one, it is a perfect fit but the top of the device is flush with the opening. It will probably only protect against small impacts. The quality is good enough for it to last a few years.

#5  bamelin 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
I bought 2 the other day.

The pouch is really meant to protect the screen against scratches I think, when the unit is in a man bag or purse.

#6  dwprice 05-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I looked at these today. I was not happy with them.

1. They are soft. There is no protection for the screen. If I carried it around, my thumb/fingers would be pressing against the screen.

2. It's a sleeve. You have to pull the e-reader out to use it and stuff it back in. So when you're reading, you have to do something with the sleeve.

3. It's expensive for what it is.

I am currently using a DVD case. I got an older one with a thin plastic wall around the DVD (rather than the thick plastic) and cut that stuff out. The KOBO fits perfectly in it and is much better protected.

#7  Bloggins 05-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I would also want a pocket on it to keep the USB cable in. So, it needs to be more protective, needs to be a case that has to be physically opened (not a sleeve where it can just slide out on its own) and it needs a pocket on it to carry the accessories. (USB cable, charge adapter etc..).

That price is way to steep.

I still really like my Kobo though.

Cheers!!

#8  bamelin 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM
The pouch is fine for protecting the screen against getting scratched by car keys, makeup accessories, or whatever else you may happen to carry in your bag/purse.

It's not meant to protect against drops/sharp impacts.

Personally it worked perfect for me as I carry my Kobo around in a man bag which also has keys and other objects that could scratch the screen.

#9  JSWolf 05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
ACK! More sleeves when what's needed is a true cover. Sure, a sleeve can protect while the reader is in the sleeve, but take the reader out of the sleeve to use and you have a naked reader that's more fragile and unprotected. This gives a greater chance of breaking should it be dropped. A real cover is what's needed, not a sleeve that doesn't fit the reader if it has a real cover. What a waste of money. If anyone has one on order and not yet received it, cancel the order and try to get a real cover to protect your reader.

#10  Pookeysgirl 05-21-2010, 05:03 PM
When I bought my sleeve the manager at Chapters said they are expecting a hard case at the end of the month. She couldn't say what day though. We'll see.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register