Mobileread
Kobo Cases
#1  terifili 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.etsy.com/shop/hobop

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RogueTheory?section_id=6673412

I am sure they will custom make them to fit the Kobo, I have asked Rogue Theory and they said they would...

#2  ava0775 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

#3  corona 05-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote ava0775
Sweet!
Really! These are nice.

#4  neilmarr 05-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Can't understand why the flip-top case hasn't really taken off for devices. They really do make for comfortable, single-handed reading and page turning, allow the device to safely and steadily stand hands-free when you're eating or knitting or whatever. Still single-handed, you can also use the flap to shade the screen in bright sunlight. The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.

#5  techie42 05-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote neilmarr
Can't understand why the flip-top case hasn't really taken off for devices. They really do make for comfortable, single-handed reading and page turning, allow the device to safely and steadily stand hands-free when you're eating or knitting or whatever. Still single-handed, you can also use the flap to shade the screen in bright sunlight. The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
Do you have a link to a picture of the type of case you are looking for? I am exploring different ideas for a protective cover.

#6  JSWolf 05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote neilmarr
Can't understand why the flip-top case hasn't really taken off for devices. They really do sleeve just for comfortable, single-handed reading and page turning, allow the device to safely and steadily stand hands-free when you're eating or knitting or whatever. Still single-handed, you can also use the flap to shade the screen in bright sunlight. The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
I totally agree. A sleeve is useless when the reader is out of the sleeve. A proper cover give some means of protection while the reader is being used while the sleeve just sits there and is useless. Plus, these sleeves will be a waste of money as they won't fit the reader with a cover once the owner realizes that the sleeve was a mistake and gets a real cover.

As to holding the reader, I do feel that the cover for my 505 makes it easier to hold one handed.

Sleeve that do not fit the reader with a cover are a total waste of money and mostly useless.

#7  JSWolf 05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote techie42
Do you have a link to a picture of the type of case you are looking for? I am exploring different ideas for a protective cover.
image »

That is the sort of cover needed for all eink readers.

#8  techie42 05-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Yah, I want one like that.

#9  pholy 05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
The traditional open-book design, I found, is as uncomfortable as reading a hardback and the sleeve idea seems pretty pointless because it needs to be put aside while the naked machine's in use.
Jon, I'm pretty sure he not referring to the standard Sony case. I find the book style OK, and I'm not quite sure how the flip-top stand kind of case would work. I'd like to see a picture of it, and then think about it for myself.

#10  ava0775 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM
M-Edge has various flip cases on their website for various readers and the iPad. I hope they'll release a line soon for Kobo.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register