Mobileread
The StoryGraph challenge GoodReads with quality recommendations, unfocus on ratings
#41  rantanplan 09-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Kindle doesn't even have a proper GR integration, it only works in the US.

#42  Uncle Robin 09-24-2020, 01:03 PM
Quote rantanplan
Well then, if Kobo has addressed one long-standing weakness by upgrading its dictionaries, perhaps an API for a GR alternative is a slightly less ephemeral hope than it may have seemed.

#43  Dazrin 09-24-2020, 01:53 PM
Quote Quoth
Obviously they are inconsistent. Or perhaps because the ebook exists but not paper?
Amazon specifically told us they would not remove listings.
Did they tell us they "would not remove listings"? I don't ever remember that. I DO remember them saying you would always have access to the books you get though.

And I think that is still true. There is one book in my library where the book no longer has a listing (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VF69LE/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title) but I can still get the book from my Kindle library and download it. That is all that I remember being promised.

#44  nashira 10-16-2020, 01:05 AM
Quote rantanplan
I'm curious what you mean by proper integration? My kindle has GR and I'm in Australia and it auto adds books/etc as I read them.

#45  Fiat_Lux 10-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Quote Quoth
There was a link on these forums to the number of books ordinary, avid and extreme readers can read before they die. If you actually have a life, it's a low number!
I didn't keep my sources, since I didn't think anybody else would find the numbers useful, and all I am interested in, is the numbers

Reading:

Volumes in a Library:
I think the library size data is from scouring the American Library Association website.

#46  rantanplan 10-20-2020, 03:45 AM
Quote nashira
I'm curious what you mean by proper integration? My kindle has GR and I'm in Australia and it auto adds books/etc as I read them.
Sorry for being imprecise:
https://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/611-got-a-kindle-e-reader-now-your-goodreads-want-to-read-list-is-on-the-ki#:~:text=Goodreads%20is%20currently%20available% 20on,other%20countries%20at%20this%20time.

« First  « Prev   (5/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register