dunno how much news this is,
it appeared today on the german it newssite golem.de:

http://go.eink.com/digital-paper-tablet

#2  rcentros 08-31-2020, 02:55 PM
Quote Freeshadow
dunno how much news this is,
it appeared today on the german it newssite golem.de:

http://go.eink.com/digital-paper-tablet
I'm pretty sure that's not a retail product. I think it's Eink trying to wholesale the technology (digital paper tablet) to others who would use it to design their own retail products.

#3  Freeshadow 08-31-2020, 03:28 PM
Quote rcentros
I'm pretty sure that's not a retail product. I think it's Eink trying to wholesale the technology (digital paper tablet) to others who would use it to design their own retail products.
That's right, golem.de reports:

Quote golem.de
E-Ink und Avalue wollen ihr Produkt für industrielle Zwecke oder Bildungseinrichtungen verkaufen.
Quote translated
E-Ink und Avalue plan to sell their product for industrial purposes or educational institutions.
Nevertheless I tought it's newsworthy as it shows that usefulness of full page size eink (with writing function) isn't entirely forgotten.

chances emerge that if new generations of students grow up getting used to such devices within academic envoirnments, the demand of such for private uses will grow

#4  DuckieTigger 08-31-2020, 09:07 PM
Quote Freeshadow
That's right, golem.de reports:

Nevertheless I tought it's newsworthy as it shows that usefulness of full page size eink (with writing function) isn't entirely forgotten.

chances emerge that if new generations of students grow up getting used to such devices within academic envoirnments, the demand of such for private uses will grow
Did you by any chance forget to put a link to the original article (this one? https://www.golem.de/news/e-ink-digitaler-notizblock-nutzt-14-zoll-e-paper-display-2008-150559.html )? Link in OP is in English.

#5  Ken Maltby 09-01-2020, 10:33 AM
If you are looking for such products, they are out there. My new Onyx Boox Note 2 (10.3"), for instance.

Luck;
Ken

#6  Freeshadow 09-01-2020, 04:21 PM
@DT
not forgotten, left out being an anglophonic forum mainly I tought it would suffice to post the link to the information source golem used too.

#7  JSWolf 09-01-2020, 04:27 PM
I think Sony and Onyx may be using it in their 13.3" eInk devices. The Sony is a PDF reader and the Onyx is Android based. The Onyx should be able to be used like a tablet or as close as you'll get to an eInk tablet.

#8  DNSB 09-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Quote JSWolf
I think Sony and Onyx may be using it in their 13.3" eInk devices. The Sony is a PDF reader and the Onyx is Android based. The Onyx should be able to be used like a tablet or as close as you'll get to an eInk tablet.
Sony appears to have dropped their eInk devices. The web page has disappeared and I've checked two sites where they say the devices have been discontinued.

#9  JSWolf 09-01-2020, 06:21 PM
Quote DNSB
Sony appears to have dropped their eInk devices. The web page has disappeared and I've checked two sites where they say the devices have been discontinued.
If Sony ever releases another eInk device, I would recommend nobody buy it.

#10  Dr. Drib 09-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Maybe that's why they dropped it.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register